Political Bollocks

huwshpis

War Hero
Wonderful subtitle error during his speech :D

You've blown the secret of political excellence - use a computer-generated voice to transmit and speech-recognition software to receive! Put another way, plastic words listened to by plastic ears.

Ballistic

War Hero
New drinking game:

Grab yourelf a few tinnies and a pint glass.
Put on any political programme, (Andrew Marr show, Peston, Politics Live etc.)
Take a 2 fingers worth glug of beer every time a politician uses the word "clear" .

I've only been watching 'Newsnight' 20 mins and I'm shitfaced already :p

fishhead

War Hero
New drinking game:

Grab yourelf a few tinnies and a pint glass.
Put on any political programme, (Andrew Marr show, Peston, Politics Live etc.)
Take a 2 fingers worth glug of beer every time a politician uses the word "clear" .

I've only been watching 'Newsnight' 20 mins and I'm shitfaced already :p
Don't do the same for the word Brexit or you'll be stretcher case in 15 minutes:)

Ballistic

War Hero
Tim Farron sends an email to other MPs every other week named "A taste of Cumbria". Sadly, that name is too long for the email format some MPs use. As a result, this is what arrives in their inbox:

SaladDodger

Lantern Swinger
I wonder if wee Jimmy Crankie will keep defending him ? No doubt at the taxpayers expense, like the portraits they've had done of themselves, also at our expense, tossers
as3.jpgas5.jpg

Sumo

War Hero
MP Johnny Mersers take on things

Dear fellow Plymothians

A turbulent time continues in Westminster as we wrestle with the complexities of fulfilling the result of the historic BREXIT referendum two years ago, whilst making sure we exit from the European Union in an orderly and controlled manner, minimising disruption to communities and businesses across Plymouth.

I hope by now you will have seen my contributions to the debate as it has evolved. I am clear that we must exit, on time, with a deal that protects jobs, businesses and living standards across our City. But simultaneously we must be prepared for the EU to not agree to a deal that protects British interests, and prepare for a 'no-deal' scenario where Britain would exit on World Trade Organisation rules, and a period of significant insecurity.

In Westminster it will be a surprise to no-one that individual agendas are clouding the issue. The Labour Party want to remove 'no-deal' and by extension block or extend the leaving date of March 29th this year; others want to reverse the result of the referendum or have it again. I want a deal. But we must also have the courage of our convictions to honour the result of the referendum come what may, and be prepared for any eventuality whilst we press ahead. I wrote extensively in the Daily Telegraph about why removing 'no-deal' is the sort of dishonest vacuous posturing I came in to Parliament to oppose, and you can read it here.

My problem with the withdrawal agreement has always been the so-called 'backstop'; that mechanism whereby Northern Ireland is separated from our United Kingdom - something this Prime Minister has often previously said no British Prime Minister could ever agree to. I am not prepared to countenance the breakup of the UK by any means, this is most of my colleagues principal concern.

This week's votes left our Government and the EU in no doubt whatsoever, that if we can resolve this issue we will have a deal, and we can get on and get out of the EU and get on with something else - something as many of you will know I've been aching to do for some time now - you can see me speaking in the House on this issue here.

I am confident we can. There are doom-merchants and nay-sayers everywhere. But I feel positive this weekend; positive that if we hold our nerve we can get a good deal for the UK to exit the EU; that we can come out by March 29th, and then we can return to a domestic agenda in this country which I feel so passionately about.

Outside of BREXIT it was a busy week on Health Commitee where I questioned the Chief Executive of the NHS and the Health Secretary about some of the issues specific to Plymouth - particularly GP care where we struggle so much, and mental health provision (you can see my exchanges with them by clicking on any of the links below). The great news was the start of the provision of GP appointments in Plymouth outside of normal working hours, to enable better access to GP care across our City, something I'm acutely aware of and campaigning hard to change - you can read about it by clicking here.

I similarly started a new campaign as part of Fathers Against FGM with some friends, to campaign for an end to female genital mutilation in this Country. You can watch our launch on LBC by clicking on the video below, or become part of this important campaign by adding your name to the petition by clicking here.

As usual you can watch my contributions by clicking on any of the videos below.

Have a good weekend when we get there!

Johnny

Another cunning plan sneaking in from our EU Fuhrers? **

'Meme-ingless existence: EU to ban memes"

The European Union could soon ban memes, after a crackdown on copyright infringement. Is this the start of internet censorship?

**Impeccable Source - 1549089487603.png
Published on Jun 22, 2018.

At 17 Jan 2019: ... final vote on whether or not it’s passed won’t take place until Spring this year...

https://www.dazeddigital.com/science-tech/article/42937/1/what-you-need-to-know-eu-proposed-ban-on-memes-copyright-article-13

Sumo

War Hero
Roll on the end of March and exit the EU. I hope that the remoaners, Jeremy Corbyn and all others with their own hidden agendas understand that the initial mess we may have, will be their faults, for not wanting to live in a democracy unless it's goes their way. They have wasted £M+ and 2 years bitching, back stabbing and throwing their teddy's out of the pram, because they can't have their own way, and not coming together as a unified nation to work towards the best Brexit solution for the country. Tossers, supposed to be the brains of Britain?