Political Bollocks

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Boris, apparently. There will be an inquiry into it.

Personally, I just thought it was poor drills and doesn't reflect well on those involved, but in the great scheme of things it was bad judgement and not the capital offence the usual suspects are trying to make it out to be.
And it's still "allegedly" at this juncture.

Sumo

War Hero
Whats the truth of it got to do with anything, specially if that truth gets in the way of a good story....;)....first rule of journalism....;)
If only it was a good story, what policies are being pushed through parliament whilst Capt Hindsight blabs on about parties. Is Boris playing a political blinder? Is Boris that clever?

taffscrivs

War Hero
I do.

I spoke to my cousin's wife a few weeks ago and she was still very upset about not being able to visit her father while he lay dying in hospital because of lockdown rules.

With the recent news coming to light about these hypocritical bastards partying away while her dad was dying alone with no family around she's now absolutely distraught.

It's funny how much of a shit you give when it affects you personally isn't it?
Been there dude, lost my old fella last year, couldn't say goodbye.
My mother who is 91, has been in hospital for 5 weeks now after fracturing her knee in a fall. No visiting allowed, plastered from ankle to hip, she's pretty pissed off right now because they've already told her she ain't going home for Christmas as the bone hasn't knitted. I spoke to her on the mobile yesterday, Number 10 shenanigans were mentioned, all she said was, 'Dragging up the past never does any good, we have to stay safe for the future.'

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
(Thanks for sharing).
Seems a wee Glasgow fella dies, and goes to Heaven. St Peter meets him at the gate, and together they enter a huge hall, whose walls are covered with clocks.
The wee Glasgow fella asks what they're for, and St Peter answers, "every person has a clock, and every time they tell a lie, the big hand moves by one second." He points to one clock, whose two hands point straight to midnight. "That's the clock for Mother Theresa", says St Peter. He shows the wee fella another one, whose big hand is a mere couple of seconds past midnight, "and that one is for Joan of Arc" "Here, that's brilliant" says the wee Glasgow fella, looking all around. "But wait a minute, where's Nicola Sturgeon's clock?"
"Oh", says St Peter "we hung it on the canteen ceiling. it makes a great fan".
1639078702530.png

taffscrivs

War Hero
Vince Cable has shown how utterly stupid senior politicians can be with his crackpot idea that senior citizens should be forced back into work to help the economy.
Mr Cable, how about forcing the long term unemployed or better still, those lazy bastards that have never worked into paid employment? That would be a better solution instead of trying to make older people, most of whom have done 50 years plus paying their dues, work until their dying day to bail out the idle ,workshy shites that are the real drain on the economy.

Sumo

War Hero
Vince Cable has shown how utterly stupid senior politicians can be with his crackpot idea that senior citizens should be forced back into work to help the economy.
Mr Cable, how about forcing the long term unemployed or better still, those lazy bastards that have never worked into paid employment? That would be a better solution instead of trying to make older people, most of whom have done 50 years plus paying their dues, work until their dying day to bail out the idle ,workshy shites that are the real drain on the economy.
There you go again fence setting:);)