Political Bollocks

Stirlin

War Hero
Stumbled across this, I’d never heard of Don Rickles, very funny though, couldn’t decide where to post it, Random thread or here ?
Settled for here as Ronald Reagan was on the receiving end.....

All these roast's are good , Prince Charles was in the audience one night , Dean Martin ask's
'' Charlie who ? '' .

taffscrivs

War Hero
On the news this morning food prices may rise in the shops due to a critical HGV driver shortage.
Excuse given is that a lot of Eastern European drivers have not returned to this country after going home during the pandemic. We are now short of around 70.000 truck drivers in this country.
Well hear this GB Trucking Inc. Try making the job a sight more attractive. Who in their right mind wants to spend £3,000 of their own money on training and a driving test to enter an industry where you will be shit on by everyone and their dogs from day one? No one wants truckers in their towns, local authorities and national government refuse to invest in truckstops so drivers can sleep overnight in secure areas with washing and toilet facilities instead of being forced to park in rat infested laybys and answer calls of nature in the hedgerows. And when they get to their delivery point more often than not they are refused access to toilet facilities even if they are forced to wait for hours to get unloaded.
But everyone wants their milk, papers, McDonalds' ingredients, groceries etc. on the shelf, on time, every morning. No one cares about the drivers working 60-70 hours a week probably 4 days on 4 days off with no decent family time. Perhaps this driver shortage will give every one a wake up call via their pockets, Never mind black lives matter and all the other bollocks out there, Truck Drivers Matter! I've driven trucks for 44 years, now I'm retired I can pick and choose when I drive and what I deliver and one thing I will never do is deliver for a supermarket chain.
Time over again would I be a truck driver? Fecking no chance!

On the news this morning food prices may rise in the shops due to a critical HGV driver shortage.
Excuse given is that a lot of Eastern European drivers have not returned to this country after going home during the pandemic. We are now short of around 70.000 truck drivers in this country.
Well hear this GB Trucking Inc. Try making the job a sight more attractive. Who in their right mind wants to spend £3,000 of their own money on training and a driving test to enter an industry where you will be shit on by everyone and their dogs from day one? No one wants truckers in their towns, local authorities and national government refuse to invest in truckstops so drivers can sleep overnight in secure areas with washing and toilet facilities instead of being forced to park in rat infested laybys and answer calls of nature in the hedgerows. And when they get to their delivery point more often than not they are refused access to toilet facilities even if they are forced to wait for hours to get unloaded.
But everyone wants their milk, papers, McDonalds' ingredients, groceries etc. on the shelf, on time, every morning. No one cares about the drivers working 60-70 hours a week probably 4 days on 4 days off with no decent family time. Perhaps this driver shortage will give every one a wake up call via their pockets, Never mind black lives matter and all the other bollocks out there, Truck Drivers Matter! I've driven trucks for 44 years, now I'm retired I can pick and choose when I drive and what I deliver and one thing I will never do is deliver for a supermarket chain.
Time over again would I be a truck driver? Fecking no chance!

Ballistic

War Hero
202188707_1773174332867002_539650745472036234_n.jpg

Not sure if this fits in this forum or the things that p**s you off" or even the coronavirus thread however here goes.

So we are all in this together, unless you are able to afford your own aircraft; you are a sports person; politician; minor celeb, G8 plus hangers on or now UEFA officials.

How the hell can it be right that the G8 can have a beach BBQ with no social distancing and for Raab/Hancock to fob off concerns by saying well its ok, its govt business.

Now the govt is about to announce, if news reports are correct, that 2500 UEFA officials plus sponsors will be allowed to go to the knock-out stages of the Euros without quarantine. Why the fek should we bother when the high and mighty that we voted into power can change the rules to suit themselves?

Boris is losing what bit of credibility he had day on day. If only there was a politician in the Tory party that was good enough to take over from him.

Sumo

War Hero
Not sure if this fits in this forum or the things that p**s you off" or even the coronavirus thread however here goes.

So we are all in this together, unless you are able to afford your own aircraft; you are a sports person; politician; minor celeb, G8 plus hangers on or now UEFA officials.

How the hell can it be right that the G8 can have a beach BBQ with no social distancing and for Raab/Hancock to fob off concerns by saying well its ok, its govt business.

Now the govt is about to announce, if news reports are correct, that 2500 UEFA officials plus sponsors will be allowed to go to the knock-out stages of the Euros without quarantine. Why the fek should we bother when the high and mighty that we voted into power can change the rules to suit themselves?

Boris is losing what bit of credibility he had day on day. If only there was a politician in the Tory party that was good enough to take over from him.
Have to agree if big money or the threat of taking it elsewhere can brake all the rules?

taffscrivs

War Hero
Just for once I'll agree to knock Boris. Letting self important UEFA officials and sponsors to traipse around with no quarantine is not on. And all in the name of fecking football. Good grief!

slim

War Hero

Boris should tell the UEFA officials to move the venue to Turkey or wherever else they wish.
UEFA need to be informed in a non diplomatic manner that they have no control over who and who doe not quarantine in the UK

Stirlin

War Hero

MCC ... they moved the Champions League final from Wembley to Porto for the exact same reason .
Just cos it is the Euros 2020 should make no difference.

Latest Threads