Political Bollocks

Sumo

War Hero
Meanwhile, on the A30...

197734822_10157689170306540_4875690183069890673_n.jpg
Welcome to Cornwall

Jacobus

War Hero
Yes we could all cite relatives lost in those campaigns. Particularly as we’re on an ex military website. Both grandfathers fought in the First, one with the Ulsters, the other with the Seaforths. and were never quite the same again after the experience. My father in the 2nd, and my great uncle is buried in Kranji in Singapore. So we can all relate to the fact that yes, we did go to their aid in both wars, and we’re the better nation for it. However, vast amounts of French, Dominion, and other troops died in the campaigns, to say nothing of French civilians ( google Oradour sur Glane ); so to imply that they didn’t fight is just plain wrong. Here endeth the lesson. And enough said on my part I think. !

Wightsparker

War Hero
Yes we could all cite relatives lost in those campaigns. Particularly as we’re on an ex military website. Both grandfathers fought in the First, one with the Ulsters, the other with the Seaforths. and were never quite the same again after the experience. My father in the 2nd, and my great uncle is buried in Kranji in Singapore. So we can all relate to the fact that yes, we did go to their aid in both wars, and we’re the better nation for it. However, vast amounts of French, Dominion, and other troops died in the campaigns, to say nothing of French civilians ( google Oradour sur Glane ); so to imply that they didn’t fight is just plain wrong. Here endeth the lesson. And enough said on my part I think. !
It's easy to poke fun at the French, and I admit that I have done so myself. But I have also poked fun at a wide variety of others, including people from other parts of the UK.

That doesn't mean I sneer at them. Surely, we can maintain a sense of humour whilst feeling free to be critical if we perceive failings?

Ballistic

War Hero
I dunno.

There you go again with your facts, challenging pathetic urban myths and tired old xenophobic cliches :rolleyes:

Stirlin

War Hero
Just to clarify, I am still allowed to dislike the French? After all, a chap needs a hobby.
Plans afoot to erect a statue of Her Maj next year for her platinum jubilee in a spare niche at the frontage of York Minster. The stone for said statue is '' Lepine, also known as Lavoux, from the village of Lavoux near the city of Poitiers in western France. ''
Portland must be livid ;) @Waspie .

Latest Threads