Political Bollocks

Jacobus

War Hero
Well... there's the nice scenery...
And it’s full of Jocks. And it is God’s own country. Stunning in places. However it has an agricultural infrastructure second to none that the Chinese pay silly money for, an independent currency, a welfare state along NHS lines, and has been of dominion ( essentially on its own ) status for donkeys.
All the things that wee Jimmie wants tomorrow. For nothing.
Our potholes have got potholes. Whilst we spend 100’s of thousands on Gaelic signage that very few can read
Our unis and education ( once rightly the pride of Europe ) are a bloody joke. And yet, perhaps because of dumbing down of educational standards, they vote these ********* in

Ballistic

War Hero
184680337_10158070670537541_8581017669590071499_n.jpg

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I'm sure I've told this before, if so (and you remember!) apologies.

My mother was in a care home in the Burg - funnily enough, care homes are not free to a lot of the population, eg, if you have a job and a house! So the house had to go to pay for the care home etc. When we were looking at estate agents to sell it, one said that we were doing exactly the right thing, at the right time, because if Wee Krankie gets her way, virtually every house remotely connected with The Base in particular and defence in general will go on the market. The West of Scotland property market would/will implode quite spectacularly. That can be extrapolated to Rosyth and the places the junior service use. Then the folk who work at Scotstoun and Govan, or Rosyth, and all the defence companies like BAE Systems.

Turkeys, Christmas etc.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Lot of bollo(x) written here about Scotland not making it outside the UK.
5M people in Scotland, same as NZ. Joining the EU would be good for them. They would not be the smallest country, lot of smaller countries that get handouts, if needed. In NZ we tend to compare ourselves with Norway and Ireland, but strive to be like Denmark. The Isle of Man could make it outside the UK if they joined the EU
That!! Is the biggest load of shite I’ve heard this year.

BZ

Off Caps

Midshipman
No one is really saying Scotland couldn't make it outside the UK - what is being pointed out is that it won't have the power of the Union to cushion it from what life throws at them - like a global pandemic, for instance - and that things will will probably be radically different for the inhabitants as a result. And it won't be the free unicorns are currently being sold. Indeed, a recent study just estimated the economy would have £26Bn pa less than it currently has. With less money, and a much higher proportion of the population in public service, where will the money come from to fund it all? The Scottish pound will not have a lender of last resort so no reassurance behind it, making any borrowing automatically higher, especially since there is no track record either. That will cost more than the UK pays and so will take longer to pay back - if at all. And if it defaults?

The future will NOT be rosy, for far more than a generation, as it spends astronomical amounts setting up all other the things it currently takes for granted, while living in an age of severe austerity.

Seriously, who in all reason would vote for that? I don't, I won't and I am unlikely to be persuaded otherwise.

And that is before the pogroms start on those who are not Scots, or deemed to be sufficiently Scots.

But why does any of this bother a Kiwi?
Not a Kiwi - (Welsh) - been here 40 years
Lot of what UK does in terms of legislation ends up being done here, I would rather we didn't import UK legislation. But there it is........

Latest Threads