Political Bollocks

Sumo

War Hero
They have no intention of joining NATO - they pretend it because it will lose votes otherwise. Same as going Republican shortly after the ink has dried on the divorce papers - they hope no one asks but when someone does they claim they will keep the monarchy while crossing fingers behind their backs.

They yearn to be like RoI - as do their backers and mentors.
if they ever achieved Indy, would they allow a vote to go back to the union once all the lies and smoke and mirrors came to light? and the reality of their deception, no EU, no Queen, no UK military in Scotland, jobs heading south?

buffersduffer

Lantern Swinger
They have no intention of joining NATO - they pretend it because it will lose votes otherwise. Same as going Republican shortly after the ink has dried on the divorce papers - they hope no one asks but when someone does they claim they will keep the monarchy while crossing fingers behind their backs.

They yearn to be like RoI - as do their backers and mentors.
I thought all EU member states had to join NATO, I still think if there was a referendum even this year Scotland would reject independence

A hard border would hammer jobs and I think people would reject that

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
if they ever achieved Indy, would they allow a vote to go back to the union once all the lies and smoke and mirrors came to light? and the reality of their deception, no EU, no Queen, no UK military in Scotland, jobs heading south?

Very unlikely. On one hand you would have people who would desperately seek to blame anyone and everything else rather than the separation itself was the cause, and on the other there is no logical reason why they would wish to have a cancerous growth rejoin it, although there is the strategic position to consider. However, that would be unlikely to outweigh the trouble.

No, it really would be a one-way ticket that the consequences of which will last multiple generations.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
I thought all EU member states had to join NATO, I still think if there was a referendum even this year Scotland would reject independence

Republic of Ireland is not a NATO member. Of course, new joiner rules may have it as a requirement.

LifebuoyGhost

Lantern Swinger

If Westminster hammers the economic consequences and not just the "better together" rubbish then the wavering middle ground would definitely lean right - but they MUST tell it exactly how it is going to be and what exactly they would lose ie:
Anyone under 45 could kiss any state pension goodbye
Benefit claimants better get down the job centre sharpish ... oops
Jobs would dissapear at a rate of knots as the RN and the brylcreem boys headed south
And then there is Education, Health, Infrastrucure etc etc ... they're not exactly world leaders in those depts and then there will be taxes ... lots of taxes

Turkeys and Christmas anyone

Jacobus

War Hero
All the foregoing is true. And yet despite the absolutely appalling job the Scottish Marxist Party has made of running the economy/ education/ health in to the ground ( and this with the highest per capita subsidy of any other devolved nation ) the Muppets ( my countrymen) still voted them back in. And within a gnats cock of a majority to boot. I honestly despair for Scotland. Independence will be an unmitigated disaster. And that needs to be spelt out.

Ballistic

War Hero

Bailiffs collecting Boris Johnson’s £535 CCJ debt leave Downing Street with a roll of wallpaper​

downing-street-bailiffs-small.jpg

Bailiffs instructed to collect payment of Boris Johnson’s CCJ debt of £535 have been paid in full after being handed a roll of wallpaper.

After the courts found in favour of Boris’ creditor and issued a County Court Judgement to the value of £535, bailiffs were instructed to visit the prime minister’s residence to seize goods that would cover the value of the debt, plus their costs.

Bailiff Simon Williams told us, “Normally we look for high-value stuff like computers and TVs, but for some strange reason, the highest value things in this flat were the soft furnishings.

“Well, those not yet destroyed by the cat, anyway.

“We looked it up, and shockingly this wallpaper goes for £800 a roll, so that’s more than enough to cover the debt, and a couple of hundred quid for our time.”

https://newsthump.com/2021/05/12/ba...eave-downing-street-with-a-roll-of-wallpaper/

Sumo

War Hero
All the foregoing is true. And yet despite the absolutely appalling job the Scottish Marxist Party has made of running the economy/ education/ health in to the ground ( and this with the highest per capita subsidy of any other devolved nation ) the Muppets ( my countrymen) still voted them back in. And within a gnats cock of a majority to boot. I honestly despair for Scotland. Independence will be an unmitigated disaster. And that needs to be spelt out.
But the nutter's don't see the writing on the wall, they just see the anti British/ English/ Westminster hate and racism retoric and the cry of freedom, blinds them. I think wee Crankie fails her own hate bill.

Ballistic

War Hero
Isn't an outstanding CCJ a bar to entry into the Armed Forces?

And isn't the PM technically in charge of the Armed Forces?

You see where I'm going with this... ;)

I don't get it why the media and the opposition in Scotland do not get tore into the SNP about what a future Independent Scotland would look like.

She quotes like sized countries such as Norway without mentioning the crippling taxes and cost of living they endure. What would the tax take be and what freebies would have to go to fund independence and what currency and bank would be used?

It should be stressed in no uncertain terms that shipbuilding, MoD bases, UK infrastructure jobs etc would all leave Scotland, as they would be a foreign country. She also says she will be going back into the EU. Has she said she would offer a referendum to see if Scots want to rejoin or would she use the Brexit numbers? But didn't she say Brexit was a change of status and thats why she should get a referendum? So leaving the UK is another change. She may be disappointed as many of her tribe actually want to be completely independent. Others may just vote against her through revenge of taking Scotland out of the UK.

She should be relentlessly be challenged on this and exposed across the media. Enough of placating and giving more and more. Its time for some tough love.

taffscrivs

War Hero
What if that other witch Von Der Leyen was to phone Wee Crankie and tell her that if Jockland gained independence they would be accepted into the EU as long as Ms Sturgeon stepped down as First Minister? Would that stop the power mad cow's gallop?