Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Political Bollocks

fishhead

War Hero
But he didn't go for a bike ride for 7 miles.

He was driven for 7 miles to ride his bike round a park for a bit and then driven back for 7 miles*

*Probably.
Downing Street still won't confirm how he got there.
Draw your own conclusions.
My conclusion is that Downing Street are not prepared for security reasons to comment on Boris's exercise routes even to nosey left wing Journos.

Ballistic

War Hero

‘Why weren’t The Kaiser Chiefs impeached for I Predict A Riot?’ rages Donald Trump​

In a statement, US President Donald Trump has questioned why Leeds indie rock band ‘The Kaiser Chiefs’ were not impeached in 2004 for their smash hit song ‘I Predict A Riot’.

Mr Trump made the comments via telegram post after being banned from a number of social media sites last week.

The Kaiser Chiefs were unavailable for comment as no one knows where they have been for the last decade.

https://newsthump.com/2021/01/14/wh...ched-for-i-predict-a-riot-rages-donald-trump/

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
This is a post by 'Woopert' from next door. I can't do better, so have just copied it:

Loony Left Labour MP Beth Winter refused to add her name to the Defence Select Cttte motion in thanks to the armed forces for their support during Covid, instead going on a nutty rant about the forces "targetting vulnerable teens" from her constituency in their recruitment drives:

"“Before I begin I do have to beg to differ with the comments regarding the armed forces… yes the armed forces make a vital contribution, but any recruits of young people must be managed carefully and it must be an informed choice for young people… a lot of young people enter the armed forces not through choice but through lack of opportunities in the community so I do beg to differ on that point”"

Apology Demanded After Labour MP Suggests Armed Forces "Prey on Vulnerable Children to Hit Recruitment Targets" - Guido Fawkes (order-order.com)

I have to wonder what a warped world view would make you think that the armed forces don't provide informed choice before any young adult signs up, that it is a bad thing to join up, that there is something inherently wrong about the forces being a positive career choice for anyone struggling to find a a job in civvy street, and in any case, her comments were utterly irrelevant to the topic of the debate.

fishhead

War Hero
This is a post by 'Woopert' from next door. I can't do better, so have just copied it:

Loony Left Labour MP Beth Winter refused to add her name to the Defence Select Cttte motion in thanks to the armed forces for their support during Covid, instead going on a nutty rant about the forces "targetting vulnerable teens" from her constituency in their recruitment drives:

"“Before I begin I do have to beg to differ with the comments regarding the armed forces… yes the armed forces make a vital contribution, but any recruits of young people must be managed carefully and it must be an informed choice for young people… a lot of young people enter the armed forces not through choice but through lack of opportunities in the community so I do beg to differ on that point”"

Apology Demanded After Labour MP Suggests Armed Forces "Prey on Vulnerable Children to Hit Recruitment Targets" - Guido Fawkes (order-order.com)

I have to wonder what a warped world view would make you think that the armed forces don't provide informed choice before any young adult signs up, that it is a bad thing to join up, that there is something inherently wrong about the forces being a positive career choice for anyone struggling to find a a job in civvy street, and in any case, her comments were utterly irrelevant to the topic of the debate.
She probably thinks the Press Gang still operates. She should know that since lockdown there are no pissheads staggering around at closing time to press.

huwshpis

War Hero

One does wonder how such people with a great void between the ears become MPs, until one remembers they’ve been chosen as candidates by “activists” who pick people in their own image. I’m beginning to think political parties should be unlawful. You only have to add the first three letters.

Ballistic

War Hero
I’d rather have a couple of dozen Reese Moggs than half of the shower of idiots (wanted to use something stronger but refrained) that are currently shining their arses in both Houses of Parliament.
Crack on and use something stronger - this aint 'Current Affairs' ;)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
One does wonder how such people with a great void between the ears become MPs, until one remembers they’ve been chosen as candidates by “activists” who pick people in their own image. I’m beginning to think political parties should be unlawful. You only have to add the first three letters.

That's Somu buggered for the next 12 hours then! ;)

Sumo

War Hero
That's Somu buggered for the next 12 hours then! ;)
@SONAR-BENDER I read @huwshpis it went well over my head, hence ignore.
There are things you know
Things you know you don't know
Things you don't even know you don't know
And things one just doesn't give a fig about.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
The US Presidential inauguration - wall to wall coverage on UK TV News - WHY? Who actually gives a feck about it?

Unless it is for the inevitable fisticuffs, both literally and metaphorically.

Sumo

War Hero
The US Presidential inauguration - wall to wall coverage on UK TV News - WHY? Who actually gives a feck about it?

Unless it is for the inevitable fisticuffs, both literally and metaphorically.
didn't you hear, we have a special relationship with the Elmer's, this is the media's way of rubbing it in, that we don't have a good trade deal with our special friends, and as their new aging bossman is Irish? Boris cannot play with the EU/Irish set up if he ever hopes to get a deal.

Plus not much to report on at home Brexit is muddling along, with the expected EU bitching and the Pandemic is last and probably next years news, so non of it is going anywhere fast.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Ensuring humanitarian access and a political solution to end crises in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political Peerages 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Encouraging parties to engage with the UN-led political process to achieve a peaceful end to conflict in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addressing a Syrian-led political transition and the humanitarian crisis in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Walney announced as independent adviser on political violence and disruption MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The need for a political settlement to solve the crisis in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Ukraine sign Political, Free Trade and Strategic Partnership Agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progressing on a political process to end the Syrian conflict MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting economic and political stability in Iraq MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political campaigning online to be made more transparent under new rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reaching an inclusive and Syrian-led political process in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS An inclusive political solution in Libya is still greatly needed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon statement on Afghanistan political agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progress is still needed if a political settlement is to be reached in Syria MoD News 0
B Political Opinions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS The process of seeking a political solution in Syria must not cease MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A ceasefire and cooperation with the UN political process is the best defense against the devastating effects of Covid-19 in Yemen. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calling for a political settlement in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bringing the political process forward in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Intimidation in Public Life: Letter to political parties on election pledge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Ambassador to Kosovo´s roundtable speech at the Group for Legal and Political Studies MoD News 0
B Concerns about Personal Political Opinions Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS PM meeting with five of Northern Ireland's main political parties: 31 July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political and economic progress in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Inclusive political dialogue in Central Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Progress towards political, economic and security reforms in Somalia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Secretary of State Oral Statement on Political Talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: No reconstruction assistance without a credible political settlement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Secretary of State for Northern Ireland statement on political talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Focusing on children's safety and a need for enhanced political process in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The effects of human rights violations on the population and the political future of Haiti MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Inclusive Political Participation in Afghanistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Addressing political instability in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Urging the Government of Sudan to embark upon the political and economic reforms necessary to deliver true stability MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Farewell to Special Envoy and reflections on the political situation in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK welcomes resolution of the political situation in Sri Lanka MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Draft Withdrawal Agreement and Outline Political Declaration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Building an irreversible and durable political process in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Better Education and Stronger Political Opportunities for Women MoD News 0
N Can political affiliations affect your career? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Speech: Supporting a UN-led political solution in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Call for a Political Settlement to Address the Humanitarian Crisis and Security... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for the Middle East calls for political solution to Yemen conflict MoD News 0
soleil Times: "Army To Shed 3,000 More Jobs Amid Heavy Political Fighting" Current Affairs 18
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Office Minister calls for political process to address violenc MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary underlines need for greater political momentum in Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Inclusive political process must accompany military progress in Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News article: G8 Political Directors’ statement on Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS G8 Political Directors’ statement on Mali MoD News 0
soleil Guardian: "Political Support For Afghan Campaign Has 'Departed Stage Left'" Current Affairs 11