Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Political Bollocks

Ballistic

War Hero

New roundabout named “Donald Trump roundabout” after his famed ability to give way to the right​

https://newsthump.com/2021/01/11/ne...r-his-famed-ability-to-give-way-to-the-right/

Dusty70

War Hero
You are allowed to cycle 70 miles and have a 15 minute rest in the middle - as usual in their hurry to besmirch him they made themselves look like fools.......................again

Ballistic

War Hero
FFS, it's not about whether he "broke the rules" or not.

It's about what's sensible - and being PM his behaviour should be beyond reproach and setting an example, not providing another reason for Boris-bashing by doing something which could be perceived as iffy.
The fact that this has caused controversy is a clear indication that once again he hasn't thought his actions through.

How did he get there anyway?
Downing Street won't confirm if he was driven there, which speaks volumes to me.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Which, following that logic, we should consider the PM as a non-human piece of equipment supplied by HM Govt for the purposes of placing in shop windows and nothing else.

Sumo

War Hero

It's about what's sensible - and being PM his behaviour should be beyond reproach and setting an example, not providing another reason for Boris-bashing by doing something which could be perceived as iffy.
The fact that this has caused controversy is a clear indication that once again he hasn't thought his actions through.

Downing Street won't confirm if he was driven there, which speaks volumes to me.
could have been worse

Corby.jpg

taffscrivs

War Hero
As usual the media vultures are out to get Boris. Granted he could have gone for a bike ride closer to Westminster but what's the big deal? We get cobs (c*nts on bikes) riding out from the local towns, Abergavenny, Hereford, Ross on Wye, all around 15 miles away, through our village and out to the Black Mountain foothills all the time, more so during lockdowns than ever. Some are in groups of 6 or even 8 riders, feck all said about them on the local news or in the paper.
My questions to the Boris knockers are these. Could you do his job? Can you honestly think of anyone else who could do it better? Can you name anyone more dedicated to pulling us out of the shit that is covid19? If you can step forward into the public limelight, if you can't, shut the feck up. It's only a bloke having a bit of leisure time riding round on his pushbike. Fecking journo's, hardly a decent human among them. Rant over..

Last edited:

mainbrace

Lantern Swinger
As usual the media vultures are out to get Boris. Granted he could have gone for a bike ride closer to Westminster but what's the big deal? We get cobs (c*nts on bikes) riding out from the local towns, Abergavenny, Hereford, Ross on Wye, all around 15 miles away, through our village and out to the Black Mountain foothills all the time, more so during lockdowns than ever. Some are in groups of 6 or even 8 riders, feck all said about them on the local news or in the paper.
My questions to the Boris knockers are these. Could you do his job? Can you honestly think of anyone else who could do it better? Can you name anyone more dedicated to pulling us out of the shit that is covid19? If you can step forward into the public limelight, if you can't, shut the feck up. It's only a bloke having a bit of leisure time riding round on his pushbike. Fecking journo's, hardly a decent human among them. Rant over..
Taff
You threw the hook out without any bait - but I'm going to bite anyway. And yes, I'm a true blue, through and through.
I'm not (always) a Boris knocker, but here's my answers to your questions. I've probably already had a Covid tot too many today, so that's maybe why I'm biting, but I hope you weren't completely sober either!
1. No I could not do his job, and I wouldn't want to.
2. With the benefit of my hindsight mirror, and my supplementary crystal ball, I think that Dominic Raab, the Gover, and Jeremy Hunt would have been better choices for PM. Grant Schapps (spelling?) also comes across as a good mover - certainly one to watch for the future.
3. Regarding anyone being more dedicated to pulling us out of the shit. Well, there are any number of MP's who are dedicated, but are they up to it (competence) is the question. Boris does himself and the Party no favours on how he's handled it. Here's just a quick reminder - too slow to act imposing lockdown; handshakes, mixing, etc., with all and sundry - until he caught it; discharging Covid patients to OAP's homes; PPE not available; no border (airport) controls); test and trace - total world-beating joke; over promising on many things - ad infinitum............
It's not just Boris, of course, but the 'system' and who he's surrounded himself with. He's taken nepotism to new levels. He's got people on the front bench, most of whom have never had a proper job and never lived in the real world eg. public school, university, political researcher or investment banker, then bingo, into parliament!
4. Unfortunately, people won't shut the fcuk up - one of the major benefits of living in a freedom of speech democracy. This adds to many essential checks and balances of any government.
5. No, his bike ride was not just a bloke having a bit of leisure time. It was an idiotic act from someone who should be setting an example. It smacked of the 'them and us' / 'do as I say, not as I do' brigade. You only need to look back at Jenrick and Cummings to see how his mates treated the first lockdown with contempt. Look also, at any number of the rich and famous (?!) who think that they can do as they please - premiership footballers, film / Tv personnel, etc. What about Boris' dad? A prized cnut if ever there was one. He's been caught disobeying covid rules on many occasions, and I note that he's already had his second Covid jab. How did that happen? Methinks another example of 'entitlement'.
6. I won't be the first to spring to the defence of journos. During my working life, I had to deal with them on a regular basis. Yes, there are undoubtedly some arseholes, but most are decent, hardworking people. Without their input - good and bad, we would hardly be informed, and the duffers would be able to get away with a lot more than they already do.
Hey, I could go on, but it's time for another tot. It will all eventually come out in the wash-up when the public enquiry gets underway. The only problem will be, that the enquiry will take several years to report, by which time Boris and his incompetents will have retired on gold plated pensions - but some will still be raking it in the Upper Chamber.

taffscrivs

War Hero
Whilst I respect your views MB, I don't think things would get better if Boris decided 'feck it I'm resigning.'
Granted hell of a lot of people are dying daily, but that is mainly down to those that don't take this pandemic seriously and if the politicians had the freedom to tell the truth about which sections of the community these people are things might take a turn for the better. Boris might not be perfect, far from it and you've mentioned other politicians that could possibly step up to the plate, but Jeremy Hunt?

Ballistic

War Hero
Can you name anyone more dedicated to pulling us out of the shit that is covid19?
Me.

I could have driven 7 miles to Dartmoor and ridden my bike around for a bit - but I didn't because I'm more dedicated to the cause of staying home, protecting the NHS and saving lives than Bojo is.

LifebuoyGhost

Lantern Swinger

It’s caused controversy only because the media and the BBC especially, wanted it to - some bloke goes for a bike ride for SEVEN miles and the media behave like he’s had a couple of babies for breakfast - fooking pathetic -
I don’t even get my lycra out for less than 20 miles and on my travels round the byeways of Yorkshire I pass loads more on their bikes - never seen a photographer though

Perry

Lantern Swinger
Bbc journo asked Boris if his journey to visit a hospital or some such was necessary. Boris should have asked the bbc tosser what he was doing there.

Ballistic

War Hero
It’s caused controversy only because the media and the BBC especially, wanted it to - some bloke goes for a bike ride for SEVEN miles and the media behave like he’s had a couple of babies for breakfast - fooking pathetic -
I don’t even get my lycra out for less than 20 miles and on my travels round the byeways of Yorkshire I pass loads more on their bikes - never seen a photographer though
But he didn't go for a bike ride for 7 miles.

He was driven for 7 miles to ride his bike round a park for a bit and then driven back for 7 miles*

*Probably.
Downing Street still won't confirm how he got there.
Draw your own conclusions.

Really??

Sumo

War Hero
But he didn't go for a bike ride for 7 miles.

He was driven for 7 miles to ride his bike round a park for a bit and then driven back for 7 miles*

*Probably.
Downing Street still won't confirm how he got there.
Draw your own conclusions.
your a member of the Green Party and complaining about the fuel used?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Ensuring humanitarian access and a political solution to end crises in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political Peerages 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Encouraging parties to engage with the UN-led political process to achieve a peaceful end to conflict in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Addressing a Syrian-led political transition and the humanitarian crisis in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Walney announced as independent adviser on political violence and disruption MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The need for a political settlement to solve the crisis in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Ukraine sign Political, Free Trade and Strategic Partnership Agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progressing on a political process to end the Syrian conflict MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting economic and political stability in Iraq MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political campaigning online to be made more transparent under new rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reaching an inclusive and Syrian-led political process in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS An inclusive political solution in Libya is still greatly needed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon statement on Afghanistan political agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progress is still needed if a political settlement is to be reached in Syria MoD News 0
B Political Opinions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS The process of seeking a political solution in Syria must not cease MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A ceasefire and cooperation with the UN political process is the best defense against the devastating effects of Covid-19 in Yemen. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calling for a political settlement in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bringing the political process forward in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Intimidation in Public Life: Letter to political parties on election pledge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Ambassador to Kosovo´s roundtable speech at the Group for Legal and Political Studies MoD News 0
B Concerns about Personal Political Opinions Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS PM meeting with five of Northern Ireland's main political parties: 31 July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political and economic progress in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Inclusive political dialogue in Central Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Progress towards political, economic and security reforms in Somalia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Secretary of State Oral Statement on Political Talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: No reconstruction assistance without a credible political settlement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Secretary of State for Northern Ireland statement on political talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Focusing on children's safety and a need for enhanced political process in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The effects of human rights violations on the population and the political future of Haiti MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Inclusive Political Participation in Afghanistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Addressing political instability in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Urging the Government of Sudan to embark upon the political and economic reforms necessary to deliver true stability MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Farewell to Special Envoy and reflections on the political situation in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK welcomes resolution of the political situation in Sri Lanka MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Draft Withdrawal Agreement and Outline Political Declaration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Building an irreversible and durable political process in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Better Education and Stronger Political Opportunities for Women MoD News 0
N Can political affiliations affect your career? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Speech: Supporting a UN-led political solution in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Call for a Political Settlement to Address the Humanitarian Crisis and Security... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for the Middle East calls for political solution to Yemen conflict MoD News 0
soleil Times: "Army To Shed 3,000 More Jobs Amid Heavy Political Fighting" Current Affairs 18
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Office Minister calls for political process to address violenc MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary underlines need for greater political momentum in Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Inclusive political process must accompany military progress in Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News article: G8 Political Directors’ statement on Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS G8 Political Directors’ statement on Mali MoD News 0
soleil Guardian: "Political Support For Afghan Campaign Has 'Departed Stage Left'" Current Affairs 11