Political Bollocks

Jacobus

War Hero
That's all very well but how many hard boiled eggs can he swallow at one sitting?
(if you haven't seen the film that will make no sense at all)
Sorry to be picky. Different actors ?
Paul Newman. Coolhand “Guess I was just killing time Captain” Luke.
Steve McQueen. Virgil Hiltz. Just Hiltz. Or was it the other way round ?
I’ll get my coat.

Last edited:

fishhead

War Hero
Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck where he went to ride out his and his family's self isolation. I am not affronted or confused nor do I think the small episode that is dominating(no pun intended) today's news is of any great importance in the grand scheme of things.
I will say something though. This subject fulfills the topic title of "Political Bollocks"

Sumo

War Hero
Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** where he went to ride out his and his family's self isolation. I am not affronted or confused nor do I think the small episode that is dominating(no pun intended) today's news is of any great importance in the grand scheme of things.
I will say something though. This subject fulfills the topic title of "Political Bollocks"
That be what happens when your Mr popular? Not.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** where he went to ride out his and his family's self isolation. I am not affronted or confused nor do I think the small episode that is dominating(no pun intended) today's news is of any great importance in the grand scheme of things.

The difference being that he was, as I understand it, one of the main movers for the lock in policy.

cjg375

Lantern Swinger
The difference being that he was, as I understand it, one of the main movers for the lock in policy.
Wait a minute! I thought he was happy to let all the old people die rather than impose a lockdown. Which is it? The public have a right to know.

cjg375

Lantern Swinger
But then according to this article I am right.

So which is it or could it all just be a load of old balls from “people familiar with the matter” who actually know sweet FA but want to drip feed rubbish to the papers which gullible idiots will then swallow and post online?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
This Dominic Cummings media frenzy is getting on my nerves now, there's a gaggle of journalists on the box now discussing what he might say when he comes on himself in 15 minutes.

Just wait for 15 minutes FFS, then we can have 15 days of even more media frenzy!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Some Funnies fae DT

"Don't tell him your name, Reverend Pike!"

1591045200991.png
=====================================================================
1591045559372.png
Nearly right, BoJo, but try -

1591045709564.png1591045715174.png

=======================================================================

1591045076755.png
======================================================================

1591044998654.png

Anyone willing to share a Tenner each way on @soleil ??

Ermmm - Just asking for a friend, BTW...

PedlarP

Lantern Swinger
An oppo in the UK sent me this, apologies if you've seen it elsewhere.

A "Dominic Cummings" is now a golfing term.
It's a really long drive that goes way out of bounds, but there's no penalty.

It made I laugh it did.

Ballistic

War Hero
As Donald Trump hides in his bunker the normal saying which applies to him is turned on its head:

The lights are off but somebody's home.

Sumo

War Hero
the government gives sound reasoning not to release with the current USA issues with street violence.
New opposition leader demands release of report, finger on pulse, not?

Sumo

War Hero
We the opposition party will aid the government in the fight against the hidden enemy, the Covid 19 virus, unless we can score some political points against the government then all bets are of and we will willingly stab you in the back at every opportunity we get.

Sir Keir Starmer has adopted a fairly clinical, restrained, analytical approach so far, and a lot of Labour MPs believe it has paid dividends - forcing Boris Johnson to concentrate on detail where he's not so comfortable.

What we get today though is a significant raising in the stakes.

The Labour leader is now, in effect, saying that Boris Johnson will be personally culpable if there is a rise in infections, if virus spreads or if there is an increase in deaths because of his handling of the easing of the lockdown - which he frankly thinks has been mishandled.

Sir Keir says the PM has rushed the test and trace scheme out, has ended shielding too suddenly, there's been conflicting messages, and, of course, there has been the blow to public confidence from the Dominic Cummings saga. (must add that little nugget in)

Some in Labour take the view that this should have been Sir Keir’s approach all along - that actually he's been a bit bloodless and let Boris Johnson off the hook.

But the thinking of Team Starmer is that Boris Johnson is one of those politicians who always manages to evade responsibility.

They would argue that has been evident in this crisis by the fact he has been able to hide behind the scientists or been able to express regret for what has happened in care homes while somehow distancing the government from any responsibility.

So, what they want to do is to pin the blame very directly on Boris Johnson for the mistakes they believe will be shown to have been made in the coronavirus outbreak, and which have already led to us having the highest death rate in Europe.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Reaching an inclusive and Syrian-led political process in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS An inclusive political solution in Libya is still greatly needed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon statement on Afghanistan political agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progress is still needed if a political settlement is to be reached in Syria MoD News 0
B Political Opinions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS The process of seeking a political solution in Syria must not cease MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A ceasefire and cooperation with the UN political process is the best defense against the devastating effects of Covid-19 in Yemen. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calling for a political settlement in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bringing the political process forward in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Intimidation in Public Life: Letter to political parties on election pledge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Ambassador to Kosovo´s roundtable speech at the Group for Legal and Political Studies MoD News 0
B Concerns about Personal Political Opinions Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS PM meeting with five of Northern Ireland's main political parties: 31 July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political and economic progress in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Inclusive political dialogue in Central Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Progress towards political, economic and security reforms in Somalia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Secretary of State Oral Statement on Political Talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: No reconstruction assistance without a credible political settlement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Secretary of State for Northern Ireland statement on political talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Focusing on children's safety and a need for enhanced political process in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The effects of human rights violations on the population and the political future of Haiti MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Inclusive Political Participation in Afghanistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Addressing political instability in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Urging the Government of Sudan to embark upon the political and economic reforms necessary to deliver true stability MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Farewell to Special Envoy and reflections on the political situation in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK welcomes resolution of the political situation in Sri Lanka MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Draft Withdrawal Agreement and Outline Political Declaration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Building an irreversible and durable political process in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Better Education and Stronger Political Opportunities for Women MoD News 0
N Can political affiliations affect your career? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Speech: Supporting a UN-led political solution in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Call for a Political Settlement to Address the Humanitarian Crisis and Security... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for the Middle East calls for political solution to Yemen conflict MoD News 0
soleil Times: "Army To Shed 3,000 More Jobs Amid Heavy Political Fighting" Current Affairs 18
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Office Minister calls for political process to address violenc MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary underlines need for greater political momentum in Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Inclusive political process must accompany military progress in Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News article: G8 Political Directors’ statement on Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS G8 Political Directors’ statement on Mali MoD News 0
soleil Guardian: "Political Support For Afghan Campaign Has 'Departed Stage Left'" Current Affairs 11
MoD_RSS UK hosts conference on Syrian-led political transition MoD News 0
trelawney126 Political Police Commissioners Current Affairs 4
janner Political flow chart Miscellaneous 0
janner Political comment Diamond Lil's 2
The_Caretaker Political Change Miscellaneous 0
sgtpepperband Political Compass Current Affairs 21
Gombear Immigration as a political weapon? Current Affairs 5
soleil "MOD poised to scrap Scots jobs..and start a political war" Current Affairs 6
T Yet more political "innocent mistakes". Current Affairs 1
S Political Affiliation Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33