Political Bollocks

Sumo

War Hero
That’s my vote in for the next labour leader and Deputy, I looked at, is any one worthy of replacing Corbyn, even the mangy cat would be a preference so that failed, go for the better looking? Failed, even though randy Nandy looks Ok, so tossed a coin and went for the rank outsiders, they could do with becoming a viable opposition, instead of a bitch fest, point scoring nutter at the box, could also do with Corbyn going.

taffscrivs

War Hero
Looks to me like Priti went into her new job and kicked some ass. some of these permanent staff think that they rule the roost and don't like to change the way they do things. Perhaps a few more government emplyees need the same treatment in order to freshen up their departments.
It was always said that the comedy show 'Yes Minister' was uncomfortably close to the truth, perhaps Ms. Patel found this to be the case.

Sumo

War Hero
Looks to me like Priti went into her new job and kicked some ass. some of these permanent staff think that they rule the roost and don't like to change the way they do things. Perhaps a few more government emplyees need the same treatment in order to freshen up their departments.
It was always said that the comedy show 'Yes Minister' was uncomfortably close to the truth, perhaps Ms. Patel found this to be the case.
On a project moons ago, an IPT leader was brought in, (not MOD Civil servant) to get the project moving, he noticed that we had a 30 day turn around to the MOD but they had a 90 turn around to us, didn't they bitch when he said it will be 30 days each way?
Civil servants were taught to put all new jobs to bottom of their to do list, regardless of priority. As a naval applicator I had a rush job on, I asked the MOD PM for help, my boss said if it is urgent use my contacts in blue suits in London, sorted by end of day, 3 weeks later MOD PM comes in and says here is the urgent stuff you wanted, I took it of him and dropped it in the bin, saying it was urgent 3 weeks ago, his face was a picture, he went to complain to his boss, a serving commander?

Stirlin

War Hero
And when Labour where in power a couple of the HS's said the Home Office was not fit for purpose.
Treesa worked into the wee small hours most nights when she was HS probably trying to cut through red tape.
HS for me is a poisoned chalice............til Priti came along , it is her way or the highway.

Sumo

War Hero
And when Labour where in power a couple of the HS's said the Home Office was not fit for purpose.
Treesa worked into the wee small hours most nights when she was HS probably trying to cut through red tape.
HS for me is a poisoned chalice............til Priti came along , it is her way or the highway.
that's the problem Cival Servents are set in their ways, and hate the thought of having to actually do some work, and god forbid being made accountable?

Ballistic

War Hero
How quickly Patel's cheerleaders seem to forget why she was recently sacked, (forced to resign), from her previous Cabinet position :rolleyes:

(Also she's evil personified) *

*No innocent prisoners were hanged during this post

Sumo

War Hero
Boris Johnson on verge of taking Coronavirus seriously after learning Tories can contract it
After Health minister Nadine Dorries announced she is currently self-isolating after testing positive for the virus, Johnson has called together his advisers for a rethink on how the crisis is being managed, particularly as it pertains to him personally.

https://newsthump.com/2020/03/11/bo...iously-after-learning-tories-can-contract-it/
I would have given you a funny for that, but I don't think this virus is to funny?

Sumo

War Hero
An unnamed cabinet minister is self-isolating after being tested for coronavirus.
I wonder who it could possibly be...? :rolleyes:

Dominic Raab says he has already tested negative for coronavirus and just has the "tail end of a cold"?

But he is a Polly can you trust him to tell the truth?

Ballistic

War Hero
Dominic Raab says he has already tested negative for coronavirus and just has the "tail end of a cold"?

But he is a Polly can you trust him to tell the truth?
I wasn't aware of that.

I think you know the answer to your question though... ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS An inclusive political solution in Libya is still greatly needed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord (Tariq) Ahmad of Wimbledon statement on Afghanistan political agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progress is still needed if a political settlement is to be reached in Syria MoD News 0
B Political Opinions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS The process of seeking a political solution in Syria must not cease MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A ceasefire and cooperation with the UN political process is the best defense against the devastating effects of Covid-19 in Yemen. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Calling for a political settlement in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bringing the political process forward in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Intimidation in Public Life: Letter to political parties on election pledge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Ambassador to Kosovo´s roundtable speech at the Group for Legal and Political Studies MoD News 0
B Concerns about Personal Political Opinions Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS PM meeting with five of Northern Ireland's main political parties: 31 July 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Political and economic progress in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Inclusive political dialogue in Central Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Progress towards political, economic and security reforms in Somalia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Secretary of State Oral Statement on Political Talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: No reconstruction assistance without a credible political settlement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Secretary of State for Northern Ireland statement on political talks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Focusing on children's safety and a need for enhanced political process in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The effects of human rights violations on the population and the political future of Haiti MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Inclusive Political Participation in Afghanistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Addressing political instability in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Urging the Government of Sudan to embark upon the political and economic reforms necessary to deliver true stability MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Farewell to Special Envoy and reflections on the political situation in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK welcomes resolution of the political situation in Sri Lanka MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Draft Withdrawal Agreement and Outline Political Declaration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Building an irreversible and durable political process in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Better Education and Stronger Political Opportunities for Women MoD News 0
N Can political affiliations affect your career? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Speech: Supporting a UN-led political solution in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Call for a Political Settlement to Address the Humanitarian Crisis and Security... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister for the Middle East calls for political solution to Yemen conflict MoD News 0
soleil Times: "Army To Shed 3,000 More Jobs Amid Heavy Political Fighting" Current Affairs 18
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Office Minister calls for political process to address violenc MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary underlines need for greater political momentum in Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Inclusive political process must accompany military progress in Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News article: G8 Political Directors’ statement on Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS G8 Political Directors’ statement on Mali MoD News 0
soleil Guardian: "Political Support For Afghan Campaign Has 'Departed Stage Left'" Current Affairs 11
MoD_RSS UK hosts conference on Syrian-led political transition MoD News 0
trelawney126 Political Police Commissioners Current Affairs 4
janner Political flow chart Miscellaneous 0
janner Political comment Diamond Lil's 2
The_Caretaker Political Change Miscellaneous 0
sgtpepperband Political Compass Current Affairs 21
Gombear Immigration as a political weapon? Current Affairs 5
soleil "MOD poised to scrap Scots jobs..and start a political war" Current Affairs 6
T Yet more political "innocent mistakes". Current Affairs 1
S Political Affiliation Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
buggerit84 Hanging of political effigies Current Affairs 6