Political Bollocks

Right you barstewards. It is Monday of the final week. As you know, you were all invited to my BREXIT party (all of them!) and I have not had one single response to my very generous invitation.

If it was the recent snow here that was putting you off, it has all gone now and the sun is now out again.

But no worry, as you are all uninvited now and I'll just sit in with a take-away curry and some cider - maybe a party popper or two. And ring a bell.

:cool:
I was planning on it being delayed a month so I booked into Gib on the 28th Feb just in case :)

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Right you barstewards. It is Monday of the final week. As you know, you were all invited to my BREXIT party (all of them!) and I have not had one single response to my very generous invitation.

If it was the recent snow here that was putting you off, it has all gone now and the sun is now out again.

But no worry, as you are all uninvited now and I'll just sit in with a take-away curry and some cider - maybe a party popper or two. And ring a bell.

:cool:
I was going to start with "what invitation" but actually - what snow??

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I was going to start with "what invitation" but actually - what snow??
This:
Actually, we live 40 minutes away from a VERY good skiing area. You can literally ski in the morning and windsurf in the afternoon!

Anyway, back to normal now - it was 19 this afternoon!

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
This:
Actually, we live 40 minutes away from a VERY good skiing area. You can literally ski in the morning and windsurf in the afternoon!

Anyway, back to normal now - it was 19 this afternoon!
Ah!

Well, we don't get that here now.

There's a global climate emergency going on donchano.

Ballistic

War Hero
‘We’re nationalising Northern Rail’, explains government that spent last month insisting nationalisation was ‘Marxist nonsense’

Government Transport spokesperson, Simon Williams, said, “Look, Jeremy Corbyn’s crack-pot Marxist plan to renationalise the railways was straight out of his evil manifesto ‘how to turn Britain into a vegan gulag’.

“But our plan to re-nationalise Northern Rail is totally different. Our decision is pragmatic, common sense and not the arch Machiavellian Labour plan to have Hamas running our entire transport network.

“Whereas Labour would be probably focusing on employees’ rights and unions, who would just call a strike to prevent job losses or some mental shit, we will be ensuring the shareholders of the private companies who fucked it all up in the first place are suitably compensated by the taxpayer.

More here:
https://newsthump.com/2020/01/30/were-nationalising-northern-rail-explains-government-that-spent-last-month-insisting-nationalisation-was-marxist-nonsense/