Political Bollocks

Sumo

War Hero
Does this mean I can FINALLY arrange my Brexit party? Maybe a combined Rabby Night and Brexit - what do you think?

You're all invited of course.
There maybe alcohol, risk of being arrested trying to play the cat as a bagpipe, similar sound?
But to Ans Q probably, Cus said he is going to get it done.

Stirlin

War Hero
Serious head on for a mo , I voted remain but leave won so would abide by that . The seats that CON won in staunch LAB areas because of Brexit stance Boris has to deliver in more ways than one . I would appoint 2 ministers , one west and one east in the north of England to give peeps the confidence that finally their voice is being heard and action to reduce dramatically the north south divide is overdue.
I do not hold the view of some that Boris is a buffoon , he now has time and a majority to galvanise the country
to be prosperous and channel that prosperity into providing a better life for all wherever and whatever.

Wightsparker

War Hero
Serious head on for a mo , I voted remain but leave won so would abide by that . The seats that CON won in staunch LAB areas because of Brexit stance Boris has to deliver in more ways than one . I would appoint 2 ministers , one west and one east in the north of England to give peeps the confidence that finally their voice is being heard and action to reduce dramatically the north south divide is overdue.
I do not hold the view of some that Boris is a buffoon , he now has time and a majority to galvanise the country
to be prosperous and channel that prosperity into providing a better life for all wherever and whatever.
You may have a valid point here, but the difficulty is deciding which areas need such ministerial support. Scotland, Wales and ( in theory) Northern Ireland have devolved powers, but England just has to follow the London-centric Westminster diktat. The Isle of Wight certainly doesn't benefit as much as others in the "prosperous" south, and the South-West could also do with a more sympathetic approach from the "London Bubble". East Anglia beyond Cambridge?

Your idea is worth some thought.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
You may have a valid point here, but the difficulty is deciding which areas need such ministerial support. Scotland, Wales and ( in theory) Northern Ireland have devolved powers, but England just has to follow the London-centric Westminster diktat. The Isle of Wight certainly doesn't benefit as much as others in the "prosperous" south, and the South-West could also do with a more sympathetic approach from the "London Bubble". East Anglia beyond Cambridge?

Your idea is worth some thought.
Scotland is not one single whole. We too have a centralised bias that does not understand the periphery, despite the sound-bites that claim otherwise.

Sumo

War Hero
Scotland is not one single whole. We too have a centralised bias that does not understand the periphery, despite the sound-bites that claim otherwise.
Does that say even though wee krankie shouts louder than most, she is not correct in her opinions?

Sumo

War Hero
Looking back, it looks like tactical voting works, lots tactically voted for Boris, maybe not what the Remainers were after?

Latest Threads