Political Bollocks

Sumo

War Hero
My god stay south of the boarder this week end Nessie's are everywhere

Ruth Davidson makes skinny-dipping pledge

Ruth Davidson

PA MediaCopyright: PA Media
Here's a bold promise... the former leader of the Scottish Conservatives, Ruth Davidson, says she will swim naked in Loch Ness if the SNP get 50 seats or more in tomorrow's election.
Writing in the Daily Telegraph, Ms Davidson says this election was not like the one in 2015, when the SNP won 56 out of 59 seats in Scotland.
She says if she's wrong, she will strip naked on the banks of Loch Ness on Hogmanay and subject herself to a wild swimming session.
But she adds that she is confident her modesty and other people's eyeballs would remain unmolested.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
@SONAR-BENDER

I was wondering if you could help me out :)
No agenda, just some information about voting from abroad.

I was chatting to a mate in the pub yesterday and the subject of ex-pats voting came up. He was asking about registration and constituencies and how it all works when you're abroad.

I've looked on the government website and I've got the info to a large extent but it wasn't clear (to me) about which constituency you can register to vote in.
Would it be the same one you had when in UK or can you change it for another one?

For context this guy is hoping to join the RFA and is considering moving abroad at a later date.

Cheers :)
// Don't quote me!//

I'm sure as a member of the RFA there will be some rules, especially if he/she is UK resident.

Re ex-pats abroad, yes, we are/were eligible to vote - I think it was your last address that counted. It was a postal vote. One applied to the council to register for a proxy or postal vote, sent it all off, waited for it to come back then sent it off again! We didn't bother as to be frank, it is just such a pot mess that we thought it best to not bother!

We actually have a pal who is flying back tomorrow to vote (and using his partner's proxy!) then coming home here again on Friday!

We can vote in local elections here but not national ones.

Ballistic

War Hero
// Don't quote me!//

I'm sure as a member of the RFA there will be some rules, especially if he/she is UK resident.

Re ex-pats abroad, yes, we are/were eligible to vote - I think it was your last address that counted. It was a postal vote. One applied to the council to register for a proxy or postal vote, sent it all off, waited for it to come back then sent it off again! We didn't bother as to be frank, it is just such a pot mess that we thought it best to not bother!

We actually have a pal who is flying back tomorrow to vote (and using his partner's proxy!) then coming home here again on Friday!

We can vote in local elections here but not national ones.
Thanks SB :)

Sumo

War Hero
Well that’s it, the election will be a washout it London cannot vote?

Burst water main outside London polling station

A burst water main has flooded a key path to a polling station in Bermondsey, South East London, preventing some voters getting in.
The polling station is situated in the Bermondsey and Old Southwark parliamentary constituency. The water main burst on the junction of Jamaica Road and Southwark Park Road.
Hannah Tookey, who waded through the water to cast her vote, tweeted: "It was too deep to wade through the middle, even in wellies."

Ballistic

War Hero
Why are politicians so weird?
Here's Matt Hancock:

"Am I close enough?"
"No Matt, you need to get closer - women love having their personal space invaded."
"Is this better?"
"Ideal. And make sure you stare creepily at her."
"Like this?"
"Perfect. The erection is a nice touch too..."

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Well that’s it, the election will be a washout it London cannot vote?

Burst water main outside London polling station

A burst water main has flooded a key path to a polling station in Bermondsey, South East London, preventing some voters getting in.
The polling station is situated in the Bermondsey and Old Southwark parliamentary constituency. The water main burst on the junction of Jamaica Road and Southwark Park Road.
Hannah Tookey, who waded through the water to cast her vote, tweeted: "It was too deep to wade through the middle, even in wellies."
Labour will say that's the Tories fault, no maintenance due to austerity blah blah blah, completely forgetting why austerity measures came in the first place.