Political Bollocks

Ballistic

War Hero
Jerry please don't sack me

'I do support' Jeremy Corbyn, says Ashworth after leaked recording

BBC Politics Live
BBC2's lunchtime political programme

"I do support the leader. I want to be health secretary," Mr Ashworth says as he continues to insist his critical remarks about Labour and Jeremy Corbyn were a joke.
Mr Ashworth says he was trying to "lull" his friend who was a Conservative activist "into a false sense of security" ahead of polling day.
"In the cold light of day, it's obviously stupid. It was a private conversation with someone I've been matey with since 2007 and I was trying to make him feel like he didn’t have to work harder in the campaign."
He moves the conversation onto condemning the Conservative record on the NHS.
"On a year by year basis, we're now down 17,000 beds since 2010," he says, and argues voters will be more "fed up with the fact we've got the worst cancer waiting lists on record" than concerned about his leaked comments
I just watched that.
I was thinking, "Yeah, right..."

Not the most convincing back-pedal.

Sumo

War Hero
I just watched that.
I was thinking, "Yeah, right..."

Not the most convincing back-pedal.
As a senior politician, talking to the opposition during an election, one would have thought keeping ones thoughts and gob shut was paramount to survival?

As a senior politician, talking to the opposition during an election, one would have thought keeping ones thoughts and gob shut was paramount to survival?
Keeping ones gob shut to spare the party more bad press also explains the absence of Diane Abbott and Jacob Rees-Mogg from our TVs and media

Sumo

War Hero
Keeping ones gob shut to spare the party more bad press also explains the absence of Diane Abbott and Jacob Rees-Mogg from our TVs and media
with the number crunching being done on Labour manifesto costing, I have no idea why they are hiding Diane A?
as for Rees-M he still has his foot in mouth

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
with the number crunching being done on Labour manifesto costing, I have no idea why they are hiding Diane A?
as for Rees-M he still has his foot in mouth
Must be a small shoe size if it is not to get wedged in with the silver spoon . . .

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
There is a long running thread on the Other Side about this particular specimen of political ineptitude. This summary tells you everything you need to know not just about Abbott, but those who have elevated her to a high position in the Shadow cabinet and continue to support her unequivocally.

And yet she has a majority of ~35,000. Out of a total turnout of 56.5k. Donkey with a rosette indeed.

Ballistic

War Hero

Sumo

War Hero
Boris Johnson hopes recreating scene from Love Actually tricks people into forgetting he’s a twat

Boris Johnson has used a party political broadcast in the style rom-com Love Actually to promote his party before the general election, in the mistaken belief it will erase all memories of him being a colossal twat.

Full story here:
https://newsthump.com/2019/12/10/boris-johnson-hoping-recreation-of-scene-from-love-actually-tricks-people-into-forgetting-hes-a-twat/
@Ballistic I feel you are fence sitting with your opinion of Boriso_O

Ballistic

War Hero
@SONAR-BENDER

I was wondering if you could help me out :)
No agenda, just some information about voting from abroad.

I was chatting to a mate in the pub yesterday and the subject of ex-pats voting came up. He was asking about registration and constituencies and how it all works when you're abroad.

I've looked on the government website and I've got the info to a large extent but it wasn't clear (to me) about which constituency you can register to vote in.
Would it be the same one you had when in UK or can you change it for another one?

For context this guy is hoping to join the RFA and is considering moving abroad at a later date.

Cheers :)