Police officer shot in N Ireland

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Montigny_La_Palisse, Mar 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If it is a return to the bad old days, hopefully perpetrators will be identified and be made to simply 'disappear' without fan fare etc, being missed by no civilised person..... 8)

2. Jeremy Paxman just announced the copper died.

3. Understand your view but to 'make them simply disappear' puts you/us in the same league as the scum

Surely that's not acceptable??

4. Sorry....only way to deal with these people is to fight fire with fire.....

Do it to them before they can do it to us....

We will have to agree to differ on this one....it's an imperfect world.

However...another family grieves...RIP

5. He may have been a Civvy Policeman, but no less a fallen comrade.

RIP

An escalation is what the Real IRA wants. Provoke a reaction from the Loyalists, or from the PSNI/Security Forces, win a little support, and watch a Domino effect as the Peace Process crumbles. Even something as small as putting some troops back on the streets could cause Sinn Fein to pull out of the NI assembly, halting further talks.
    Then the descent back into the troubles.

At least Sinn Fein have condemned it, and a damn sight quicker than the events at Masserene.

My guess is PIRA probably know who the killers are, and hopefully Sinn Fein will feel the pressure and give the PSNI some leads on the quiet. That might sound hopeful and naive, but it's a possibility. This little killing unit needs put away ASAP

6. The scum who carry out these killings of police and military personnel are usually known to the police but all this human rights shite ,coupled with people being afraid to speak to the police allows them to get away with murder.Thats why Adams and McGuinness are still around.That is why they do not want the SAS back in NI.All of the people who live on this island are in danger from the terrorists no matter what they call themselves,pity that they don't understand this fact.

RIP yet another brave man.

7. It is the people who you have to have a lot of sympathy with. A lot now won't remember what it was like and maybe won't be so upset about it as the older citizens. I hope they never find out or experience what went on in the past.

P.S. Look whose watch it happened under, Gordon Brown.

8. RIP Rozzer

9. Latest report a police officer on patrol was shot in the head in his patrol car.

He died protecting the public.

10. But will the PIRA be able to do anything even if Sien Fein give them the nod?? ... after all ... didn't they destroy all their weapons as part of the peace agreement (lol)

11. A man and a boy have been arrested in connection with the murder; if they have the right people let us hope that with a little gentle persuasion they will finger the soldier’s murderer/s.

12. For some reason, I would be very surprised if it is at all connected.

13. Montigny_La_Palisse, are you allowed to tell us what the reason is? If it means you will be taken away in the wee small hours then don't.

14. Fcuk knows mate, each crime is as heinous as the next but this one seems different to me, I can't put my finger on why.

15. The Real IRA have claimed resposibility for shooting the soldiers.
    The Continuity IRA claim to have shot the Policeman.
    They are not the same people but have a shared aim so the murders are connected in that respect.

16. Sad as it may sound, but it could just be a case of one-up-manship.
    The RIRA murdered a couple of soldiers, so the CIRA has killed a Peeler in order to look like they can still play too.

The last thing we need is for these two groups to join forces and pool resources.

At least the Politicians are standing together for a change.

17. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

superpom wrote
    Somehow I don't think your 'hope' is being given any serious consideration by
    HMG. It is as bone as the 'park a bomber up off Gib and turn the Province to
    glass' type posts. Well, maybe not quite as bone.

Sean Connery's character in 'The Untouchables' right? "You shend one of his to the morgue".

Come out from behind your DVD collection and be serious.

18. If you say so.... 8) ...opinions are like arseh%les, everyone has one..including you it seems.... :D

Have a nice day... :wink: