Police Failing the Honest Class.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Nutty, May 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Perhaps the Police and Home Office will at last take some notice of the latests report on what reasonably honest British Citizens think about them. Then I doubt they will.

For months various threads on RR have been banging on about how the Police have lost the trust, respect and support of Average Mr and Mrs UK. Serving Plod, Ex Plod and Wannabe Plod have defended their corner saying its the fault of our Political Masters. Well the report by Civitas shows that their response is not completely correct. All Police Officer hold Office under the authority of the Queen, not their Chief Constable or any Political party the "Office of Constable". It is this Office not the fact they are a Police Constable or Police Chief Superintendent that gives them the Power to enforce or warn or disregard incidents not figures and targets set by some pen pusher sitting in his office. Until serving officers get this into their thought process instead of following set targets they will lose the support of the public until they are eventually seen as the enemy as is the case in many countries.

Peed Orft of Tunwells Bridge

Dissatisfaction with Police

Nutty (urine soaked silly old phart of "Where are we luv")

2. Just in case you do not know or have forgotten what the "Office of a Constable" is well this is the definition.

"A Constable is a citizen, locally appointed,
    but with authority under the Crown to protect
    life and property, to prevent and detect crime
    to preserve the Queens Peace and to
    prosecute offenders under the law."

Now, is that what todays Police Service is doing?

Nutty

3. When these fine principles were the benchmark by which Chief Constables ran the Police, we had the best Police Service in the world…

Then Came Sir Robert Mark and his little 'Blue Book' and threw them away. It's been downhill ever since.

The nine principles by Sir Robert Peel

The basic mission for which the police exist is to prevent crime and disorder.

The ability of the police to perform their duties is dependent upon public approval of police actions.

Police must secure the willing co-operation of the public in voluntary observance of the law to be able to secure and maintain the respect of the public.

The degree of co-operation of the public that can be secured diminishes proportionately to the necessity of the use of physical force.

Police seek and preserve public favour not by catering to public opinion but by constantly demonstrating absolute impartial service to the law.

Police use physical force to the extent necessary to secure observance of the law or to restore order only when the exercise of persuasion, advice and warning is found to be insufficient.

Police, at all times, should maintain a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence

Police should always direct their action strictly towards their functions and never appear to usurp the powers of the judiciary.

The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it.

4. Are Police Officers no longer allowed to use their descretion anymore?

Or are targets more important than that?

Surely a little ticking off and use of commonsense is sometimes far more appropriate than running everyone in just to satisify the statistic gatherers.

Most decent people would accept that and it would also go some way to gaining the publics respect.

I also think there are too many TV programmes on like Police,Camera Action etc, that encourage bad behaviour and gives the scroats their 15 mins of fame knowing that they will only get a small fine if that anyway.

5. police are scum.

6. ******!

7. Flano,

What a tonsil you are...!

Not a civvie for long..? How come are you due in court for sentence soon.

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Flano: When I read your post I was disgusted by your sweeping generalisation of the Police Service.

Then I read your location, and it all seemed to make sense...

:roll:

9. well you have your opinions and i have mine the police in liverpool are nothin but idiots as thers shootings happning daily yet they decide car insurance is more important.

now u will know where i got my opinion from

and no am joining the navy not goin to prison

10. sgtpepperband

Hmm, well if you are party to information about the people responsible for committing crime in your area, why not tell the Police about it? Or are you another one who gives them shit but, when they start 'house-to-house' enquiries in the neighbourhood, conveniently 'forget' that information... and then criticise the Police for investigating "car insurance" (whatever that is) when they should be dealing with more serious offences? The public gets what the public deserves - the Police cannot operate without information. But if the public do not provide that information, the Police cannot do their job to the best of their abilities. Simple maths, innit? 8O

And good luck if/when you join the RN. But can I suggest that you construct your arguments (or stop making stupid sweeping statements) before you do...

11. that phrase is just what alot of people use round here it started after a police car was speeding round a corner an killed an girl as it lost controle it was descovered that the car had no need to be speeding or have its lights on and i agree i should contruct my arguments but orriginaly i just stated the phrase i sometimes forget who i am talking to

sorry if i offended anyone i just dont have respect for the police due to things i have witnessed

12. I do hope car insurance is not a problem for you, as if it is then you will cetainly not be joining the RN

There again the modern Navy may have "dropped" their standards by now

Jack Mch

13. i dont have a lisence only turned 17 last week

i was just using this as an example as this is something the police put alot of effort into ino a crime is a crime but there is more important things that this

14. sgtpepperband

Witnessed? Really? Or heard from your mates down the Social? Tragic though the story of the girl being knocked over was, Police officers sometimes make mistakes, like anyone in a highly-stressful occupation. The RN is no different: you may have noticed on another thread that a submarine hit a rock. But do you hear us all saying that "All submariners are scum"? No, because we are mature enough to realise the pointless of a remark like that.

15. no when i say whitnessed i meen it and on some ocasions experienced it

for example being in the back of a police van having a bruse bag put on and beeing booted puched ect to the body for walking the streets in a gang more than 3 this was after leaving a youth club to go home

an as for whitnessing i was there when the girl got squashed between a concrete wall and a police car

and i agree acidents do happen but speeding for nothing more than thrills is a big mistake especialy knowing it cost sumones life an yet the police officer wasnt charged

16. Is it any wonder the Rozzers gave you a seeing to, Liverpool at night, group of yoof, having a good time. You should 'ave seen it comin'.
    Any reasonable member of the public, Ie Ex Forces, would have joined in.
    :w00t: :thumright:
    NZB

17. haha your nice

an skittin liverpool any need go an get a life you prick

at least people from liverpool are proud of where we come from

and any one who was not part of the police would have been slapped in self defence carnt hit the police no matter what they do as dey will **** you with the law.

18. The police have a thankless job, certainly not helped by Flano's posts: if they come down too hard on certain crimes or in a certain area, the PC brigade and the Yooman Rights Mob start screaming about "civil liberties" being threatened. Then you have the politically driven dimension to "meet targets", which affects their funding if not met. In the middle of all this is the average Joe/Jane Public, who wants to be able to walk to and from his/her local/supermarket without being abused/mugged/murdered, but seem to think little or nothing is being done on their behalf.
    Unfortunately, the police are not backed up by the Courts - the mother who shopped her 2 sons for GBH and blinding a bloke in one eye, they got 2 years apiece, when they should've got 20. Until we get a judicial system that backs up the Police to the letter AND THE LIMIT OF THE LAW, things will not get better, and more Coppers will say "enough is enough" and go into private security work, and leave the average citizen even more without protection than they have now. Very soon, I fear that vigilantes will start operating on the streets in certain towns and cities of this country.
    Love 'em or loath 'em (and I certainly had my run ins with them in my youth and always came second best), they're all we've got between us and them, so let's have a little bit of respect and sympathy for the Boys in Blue - they've got a sh8t job, and they're doing the best they can - for us.

19. sgtpepperband

Speaking as a Policeman, the suspect... sorry, the innocent person always sees things from a myopic point of view. I've lost count of the amount of people I have arrested who've "not dun nuffink!" [sic]. But what the feck is a 'bruise bag'? Do you really think the Police lift people for no apparent reason, other than boredom? Would they seriously jeopardise their career/pension by giving someone a kicking in the back of the van? The only time I've seen a suspect with injuries is when he is resisting arrest and ends up harming himself by trying to get out of the cuffs/cage. But are you sure it was a Police van you were in, or did you accidentally walk onto the set of a Hollywood action movie? Or maybe you were abducted by your dealer's heavies, because you tried to scam them on a score..? :?

Having said that, I tried to understand what you were saying in your post but my eyes started to hurt and my brain began to seep out of my ears when I tried to translate it into English... 8O

20. lsadirty i agree with this mate i know my comment about the police being scum was wrong so to say its just alot of people i am friends with use this phrase for various reasons its not that i am a yobo or anything its just as i have said i dont respect them and will not untill i come across somthing worth respecting. alot of police now of days abuse there power and also avoid areas where the trouble is and pick of the people in the other areas just havng harmless fun.