Points to ponder!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by SONAR-BENDER, May 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, it's Saturday afternoon and I'm not gainfully occupied by SWMBO. I have just finished a book and then got to thinking, which is never a good thing..........

You know how sometimes you have a query, rather than a question, about 'something' - possibly how an object works, or what it is made of, or indeed why it even exists etc.

Some time ago we had the white dog poo thread. So my thinking led me to begin this thread where the question can be asked and possibly a correct answer given. So, not only amusing but informative too!

Let me open by asking: skidmarks - aka lumps of shit in a loo. How come a small (or large!) smear of shit on some shiny porcelain can dry so hard and so quickly in a cool damp environment?

2. AAF

AAF Badgeman

Depends on the turd, after a night on Camerons Strongarm the dead otter is so soft it flushes away leaving no residue on the porcelain.

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Good question. Can I also add how the fuck did I manage to put a skid mark like the outside rub of a large donut under the water just before the U bend in the toilet last sunday morning after a night on the Speights last Saturday?

4. .
    Simples - Just a throwback to when we were all uncivilised animals marking our territory.

Those who are still animals continue that practice; BTW no probs at my porcelain :wink:

5. Paint the whole world with a Rainbow!

Colours.

Why are the leaves on the trees green eh? Simple.
    Because you've been told from an early age, that that's what colour leaves is........green.
    Grass is green. Green paint is green.

For all you know, green could be purple. Red might actually be blue, and white may not even exist as a colour at all.

Your all singing-all-dancing colour 90" television could be broadcasting stuff in black and white (which may really be orange and yellow), how are we to know?

Just 'cos you think you KNOW what colour a colour is dosen't actually mean that that's what colour you're looking at. It's just a word for a colour what got put into the English language sometime whenever and we all believe it to be a true and accurate statement of the colour that we (think) we're looking at.

So - next time you open a tin of custard and say; "The custard is YELLOW", think again. You could actually call the custards colour whatever the fuck you want.

Yours Questioningly,

BillyMadBollocks

6. wal

wal Badgeman

O! dear! that me of the prunes and custard.

7. So why do we call an orange orange but not a banana a yellow or a pea a green?

8. Why do birds suddenly appear,... everytime you are near?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Why do these shops that stay open for 24 hours have locks on the doors?

• Like Like x 1
  10. OMM

OMM War Hero

Because Tesco say they're 24/7 yet close on a Sunday.