Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

points on your license

Until cameras that ID the driver arrive in force it has become common to share the points around the family. Mum, Dad, Daughter and Son all drivers a total of 48 points, take three in rotation, unless you are a total dip stick you shoud never reach 12 in three years.


Nutty
 
I think I may be putting myself in the firing line here but I am afraid that after had the unfortunate task of having to inform families that their son/daughter/mum/dad is lying on a slab in the mortuary as some d***head decided he/she wanted to go just that little bit faster than was advisable on the road I have no sympathy for speeders. The limit is there for a reason and that is the safety of all road users whether they be in their wheeled killing machines or pedestrians. And as has been said if you drive too slow and it is causing a problem for other drivers than there is a possible offence of careless driving or driving without reasonable consideration for other road users. The Speed cameras are self funding so you are right when you said that if everyone obeyed the limit they would not be able to sustain them financially but the flip side is that if everyone obeyed the limit then the number of fatal road traffic collisions would fall. We will never see the end of deaths on our roads but we could certainly reduce them by lifting the lead boot off the accellerator. I will head for cover now!!!!
 
It shouldnt be on this thread but what the hell.

Dear Maggie,
Im a sixfoot blond blue eyed god ,with a bod you would die for,I am twenty one years old,and filthy rich through the inheritance Mummy left me,i have no need to work and spend all my time travelling the world and partying, shall we get it on?
 
higthepig said:
It shouldnt be on this thread but what the hell.

Dear Maggie,
Im a sixfoot blond blue eyed god ,with a bod you would die for,I am twenty one years old,and filthy rich through the inheritance Mummy left me,i have no need to work and spend all my time travelling the world and partying, shall we get it on?
Hig have you thought it might be Matress Maggie the Messdeck Minger,you know, the one with the Season ticket to Barracks STC???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
Nutty said:
To enter a bigots point of view speed limits are a maximum, there is no minimum for which you can be nicked. What would happen in the case of a person going 40 mph in 60 mph limit is that he could be nicked for Driving with out due consideration to other road users, driving without due care. Dangerous driving. In all these cases if the motorist contested the ticket written out by the Police they would have to prove the offence in court. That takes, time, money, manpower from the Police and Courts so is not encouraged hence the reliance on GATSO.

Speed does not kill people, its make them more likely die in an accident, it is inappropriate speed for the road and conditions, undertaking, tailgating etc. that cause the accidents in which people die. Never being a fan of TrafPol I am convinced they should return to the roads and Police as they did 15 years ago with both highly visible and unmarked vehicles. In a recent drive from Brighton to Faslane and then Faslane to South London the next day I only saw one marked Police Vehicle on the Motorway and he was attending an accident. In Spain, Guardia Civil Traffico are like a rash, everywhere.

Nutty

Nutty you would not believe this but some people go to Oz to break the driving laws. Maybe it is time that all countries come together to beat these criminals who think they can avoid the law by being abroad.
 
I have a clean licence for more years than I want to admit (thanks to 2 cameras without film) but I get fed up with driving at 70 on the motorway and being flashed to get out of the way of some flash harry and then giving in and seeing him zoom ahead and get away with it.

The road is not where you prove you are better than someone else, it is the place to avoid the idiots who think it is.
 
creakin said:
Picture the scene.........

travelling in the car (a two mile journey) going to my part time job as a beer puller and dispenser. Toddling along and get stuck behind a fcuking sunday driver doing 40 in a 60 zone. The 2 cars in front of me overtook, follow suit I thought, saw the oncoming solid white line but carried on. 1/2 mile later blue flashing light in the mirror, plain clothes motorbike. FCUK, fair cop (like fcuk) 3 points and a £60 fine later carried on to work. :cry:

I got to wondering how many points and fines have been dished out to RR shipmates last weekend. Surely I cant be the only one!


I did'nt get any points on my licence last weekend due to the fact that I sold my car 4 1/2 years ago , have never had points on it , not saying I'm a saint on the road , but I do read the road ahead , sure as hell dont miss the cost of motoring , hire cars as and when required , much cheaper in the long run , thought I'd miss the car but can honestly say that I dont , 8)
 
radar.uk said:
I think I may be putting myself in the firing line here but I am afraid that after had the unfortunate task of having to inform families that their son/daughter/mum/dad is lying on a slab in the mortuary as some d***head decided he/she wanted to go just that little bit faster than was advisable on the road I have no sympathy for speeders. The limit is there for a reason and that is the safety of all road users whether they be in their wheeled killing machines or pedestrians. And as has been said if you drive too slow and it is causing a problem for other drivers than there is a possible offence of careless driving or driving without reasonable consideration for other road users. The Speed cameras are self funding so you are right when you said that if everyone obeyed the limit they would not be able to sustain them financially but the flip side is that if everyone obeyed the limit then the number of fatal road traffic collisions would fall. We will never see the end of deaths on our roads but we could certainly reduce them by lifting the lead boot off the accellerator. I will head for cover now!!!!

I think you are right. I got 3 points in aug 2000 and another 3 in Feb 2001. My insurance went up and I was taught a valuable lesson. I do not speed now.
 
rosinacarley said:
radar.uk said:
I think I may be putting myself in the firing line here but I am afraid that after had the unfortunate task of having to inform families that their son/daughter/mum/dad is lying on a slab in the mortuary as some d***head decided he/she wanted to go just that little bit faster than was advisable on the road I have no sympathy for speeders. The limit is there for a reason and that is the safety of all road users whether they be in their wheeled killing machines or pedestrians. And as has been said if you drive too slow and it is causing a problem for other drivers than there is a possible offence of careless driving or driving without reasonable consideration for other road users. The Speed cameras are self funding so you are right when you said that if everyone obeyed the limit they would not be able to sustain them financially but the flip side is that if everyone obeyed the limit then the number of fatal road traffic collisions would fall. We will never see the end of deaths on our roads but we could certainly reduce them by lifting the lead boot off the accellerator. I will head for cover now!!!!

I think you are right. I got 3 points in aug 2000 and another 3 in Feb 2001. My insurance went up and I was taught a valuable lesson. I do not speed now.

I think that anyone in the legal professions that breaks the law should get at least double the penalty handed out to others :roll:
 
janner said:
rosinacarley said:
radar.uk said:
I think I may be putting myself in the firing line here but I am afraid that after had the unfortunate task of having to inform families that their son/daughter/mum/dad is lying on a slab in the mortuary as some d***head decided he/she wanted to go just that little bit faster than was advisable on the road I have no sympathy for speeders. The limit is there for a reason and that is the safety of all road users whether they be in their wheeled killing machines or pedestrians. And as has been said if you drive too slow and it is causing a problem for other drivers than there is a possible offence of careless driving or driving without reasonable consideration for other road users. The Speed cameras are self funding so you are right when you said that if everyone obeyed the limit they would not be able to sustain them financially but the flip side is that if everyone obeyed the limit then the number of fatal road traffic collisions would fall. We will never see the end of deaths on our roads but we could certainly reduce them by lifting the lead boot off the accellerator. I will head for cover now!!!!

I think you are right. I got 3 points in aug 2000 and another 3 in Feb 2001. My insurance went up and I was taught a valuable lesson. I do not speed now.

I think that anyone in the legal professions that breaks the law should get at least double the penalty handed out to others :roll:

That's not fair, don't do crim am a conveyancer! The nice person that helps when you move house

xx
 
janner said:
The words Nice and Solicitor should never be used together 8)

Didn't say I was a solicitor, said I was a lawyer. Am a qualified Legal Exec. Admitted as a Fellow earlier this year. Am before you start, we have done all the jokes about sh*gging a Fellow!

xx
 
Trying to resist the temptation to mention the obvious connection to briefs...

Anyway a lawyer is bombing along in his Porsche when he crashes and rolls the car. A passerby calls the police who soon arrive to assess the situation. Copper takes one look at written off car, then looks at lawyer, who unfortunately has had his arm severed.
Copper: "Sir, there's an ambulance on it's way. Let me have a look at your wounds".
Lawyer: "But my car is wrecked; what am I gonna do?"
Copper is shocked by the lawyer's response, and says: "I can't believe you guys - you are so materialistic. All you're concerned about is money and wealth. You've lost your arm and you don't even notice."
Lawyer looks down at his stump and says:" Oh my God! My Rolex has gone too!"
 

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top