Pointless signs - meaningless, daft or just plain nonsense

Wightsparker

War Hero
On the subject of parking.......

Mrs Wightsparker has a Blue Badge and wanted to shop at M&S in Newport, Isle of Wight. We parked correctly in a "disabled" bay, she went in to do her shopping and I sat tight to ogle totty. My eye happened to pass over a sign which said that there were no concessions for Blue Badge holders - "please pay at meter". Failure to do so would cost a lot of money.

Grumbling to myself, I went to the meter and found another sign (see below). This one said 0-2 hours was free - no ticket required. It also repeated the warning about no concessions for Blue Badge holders, and again warned of a penalty charge.

So what does it mean? Possibly no concessions for Blue Badge holders to stay a third hour without paying? Or that Blue Badge holders had to buy a ticket regardless of how long they stayed?

I asked a passing M&S trolley collector - "No idea mate. You'll have to ask in the store".

I didn't pay.

Anyone had similar problems?

2020 M&S 1.jpg

Topstop

War Hero
On the subject of parking.......

Mrs Wightsparker has a Blue Badge and wanted to shop at M&S in Newport, Isle of Wight. We parked correctly in a "disabled" bay, she went in to do her shopping and I sat tight to ogle totty. My eye happened to pass over a sign which said that there were no concessions for Blue Badge holders - "please pay at meter". Failure to do so would cost a lot of money.

Grumbling to myself, I went to the meter and found another sign (see below). This one said 0-2 hours was free - no ticket required. It also repeated the warning about no concessions for Blue Badge holders, and again warned of a penalty charge.

So what does it mean? Possibly no concessions for Blue Badge holders to stay a third hour without paying? Or that Blue Badge holders had to buy a ticket regardless of how long they stayed?

I asked a passing M&S trolley collector - "No idea mate. You'll have to ask in the store".

I didn't pay.

Anyone had similar problems?

View attachment 48655
In Eastleigh and Hamble at certain times you can get an hours free parking but you have to display a ticket, just press the button on the machine and it spits one out.