POCC Yeovilton

Hello there!

I have recently recieved some post regarding my trip to RNAS Yeovilton
its labelled up as a Potential Officer Candidate Course...

Day1
Photograph/course brief
Visit to air traffic control
Collect flying clothing/flying brief
Flight in Sea King MK 4

Day2
Underwater Escape training
Visits to:
-RN historic flight or Bird control unit
-Commando Squadron
-Lynx Squadron
Gymnasium

Day 3
Videos
debrief
Visit to FAA museum

Will be based in the Wardroom and every night there is a social

Really looking forward to it, im in the mind of hoping to become a pilot
With this in mind, anything to look out for? take special attention to?

thanks for all in input chaps :)

Hello there!I have recently recieved some post regarding my trip to RNAS Yeoviltonits labelled up as a Potential Officer Candidate Course...Day1Photograph/course briefVisit to air traffic controlCollect flying clothing/flying briefFlight in Sea King MK 4Day2Underwater Escape trainingVisits to:-RN historic flight or Bird control unit-Commando Squadron-Lynx SquadronGymnasiumDay 3VideosdebriefVisit to FAA museumWill be based in the Wardroom and every night there is a socialReally looking forward to it, im in the mind of hoping to become a pilotWith this in mind, anything to look out for? take special attention to?thanks for all in input chaps :)
Pay special attention to all of the above..

I would have thought, as a potential pilot, the flight in a Seaking might have elicited some special attention without needing to be told so.

The Dunker is excellent value but I always used to enjoy visiting the dicky bird unit and quite often took the kids there on a quiet weekend. Kestrels are great fun to watch and learn about........well I think they are =-)

I went on this POCC last year and it was great. Remember your visits and particularly your most enjoyable bits. The AIB loves to hear about them !

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)