PNRC - New element!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Kenzie, Jun 18, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just today completed my PRNC.

There is new part that's been added to the course and we were the geunie pigs.

It's known as a squad run. It's 2 hours long as consists of running around the perimeter of HMS collingwood (approximately 2.2 miles). After approximately every quarter mile, you'll stop to do circuit training. This consists of press ups, sit ups, burpees, squats, marine press ups and crunches.

All the exercises will be carried out while also completing certain elements such as monkey bars, jumping over hurdles and running up beams. It's a hard session but pretty fun at the same time.

Ensure you're doing your press ups correctly!!! Your arms must be tucked in to your sides, so that the elbow connects with your body with every rep. I literally cannot stress enough how important it is the have core and upper body strength.

Good luck and all the best to those waiting for their PRNC dates.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Is that just not circuit training you do on the Thursday?
  3. No circuit training is what I did today for an hour in the gym. The 1.5 miler, sit ups, press ups, 40kg carry and swim tests were done on the Tuesday, the squad run was done on the Wednesday and circuit training was today (Thursday).
  4. Wow, they made you do the swim tests and the 1.5 on the same day?
  5. Yeah we were absolutely ******! Also taking in to consideration the swim circuits straight after the swim tests, that included doing the widths while your buddy was doing press ups, followed constantly jumping in, getting out for 4 minutes.

But on the plus side! We got all of our tests out the way in one day. We got shown around a type 23 yesterday which was pretty overwhelming to be honest. Got really pumped by that visit.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ah well, it is Thursday. :cool:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. How many people failed out of curiosity. I visited HMS Victorious, it really just re-assured me general service was the way to go.
  8. |You can't fail for being curious...
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Haha, I'm sure in more ways than one you probably can...
  10. 16 on the course and all 16 passed :)
  11. I've had my preference twisted slightly. The submariners come in to give a brief and I was the only one interested in joining. I'll be talking to my AFCO tomorrow, when I go for my final brief.
  12. That's how I felt when they gave us a presentation on it. I'd like to possibly continue with GS then move to subs later on in my career.