PMU'd

Sorry to flood this subject but am wondering if anyone can shed some light on this situation for me.

I have been rejected on medical grounds for having taken a 16 week course of steroids over 1.5 years ago (yes I know the stigma etc and the hate i shall get for admitting this) however am wondering what the military guidelines on this are.
"The Naval Service recognise, however, that drug or substance misuse is increasingly common in civilian life, particularly among the young, and that you may have misused drugs or substances yourself in the past. This will not necessarily prevent you from joining, as all applications are considered individually. Acceptance into the Services will depend on the frequency of use and the class and type of drug or substance that has been misused. " - This is all I can find on the matter, and in the letter I received from Capita determining me PMU they said if I rejected giving a full honest health disclosure on appeal, there is a chance it would be accepted, to which my recruitment officer said I would be completely rejected from all three services if i went into more detail.
Does anyone know the guidelines as to the frequency of use and class of drug etc?

i recognise it was a huge mistake to make, but considering it was such a long time ago is that really a permanent bar to entry?

Probably get some abuse for this, I get it, but if anyone has any useful thoughts or knowledge I'd really appreciate it, always had my heart set on joining the Navy so gutted to know I can't

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Personal abuse is not permitted folks - remember which forum this one is in.

As for OP - use the search function. This is not a new subject.

Personal abuse is not permitted folks - remember which forum this one is in.

As for OP - use the search function. This is not a new subject.
Even prior to entry? We all make mistakes..

And apologies, did have a brief search but couldn't see anything

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
In case he wanted to appeal against the decision to reject his application.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Seriously? I think after a rejected appeal I would be taking the very very strong hint that perhaps the RN was not keen to have you. There is a good reason why there is a system to deal with these and once the decision is made and everything is played out, you really don't have any further options.

But maybe that's just me. I'm all for "if at first you don't succeed . . ." and all that, but there comes a time you cut your losses and move on. There's a fine line between tenacious persistence and obsession.