PMU

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Scilly, Jul 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i was rejected PMU almost 4 years ago for 2 episodes of self harm which i dispute. I requested my notes be changed from my doctors and they refused. The one episode of self harm was 10 years ago and i have a family and a completely different outlook on life to when i was a teenager. Is this never considered when looking at individual applications?

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Did you self harm or didn't you?

3. You were clearly shite at self harming as you're still here. Reading your text, are you bi polar too???

4. I'm not being funny but if you self harmed when things where a little crap as a teen, do you not think it likely you may do it again when you're having a hard time being beasted and having people try to kill you?

Being a civvy I'm no expert, but I'm sure life changes when in the forces. Perhaps your "outlook on life" would change again, except this time they would be trusting you with weapons so you'd be less likely to biff it up.

5. Depends what caused it and the time lapse between the self-mutilation / self-poisoning and your application. Yes, these things are looked at - believe it or not we actually are moderately good at what we do.

I'm confused about your syntax though - do you dispute the fact you self-harmed?

6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

That was my query AD, states two cases of SH then denies it and admits to one.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

8. I self harmed in Gib once when I had too many JC's and fell down the Main Access Hatch.

9. I self harm when the Mrs goes out for the night. Oh I see, think I might have crossed wires here???

10. I thought that was compulsory.

11. Do 2nd degree burns to your hands count as self-harm after chicken on a fist?

12. Chicken on a fist ohhh the memories

13. Sunburn = self harm (self inflicted) = 9s

14. Nah....we've all got sunburned...we've all got pissed and fallen over.....but I don't think many of us have swallowed a gallon of bleach then ran a chainsaw across our wrists!!!!