Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PMU

Scilly

Hi i was rejected PMU almost 4 years ago for 2 episodes of self harm which i dispute. I requested my notes be changed from my doctors and they refused. The one episode of self harm was 10 years ago and i have a family and a completely different outlook on life to when i was a teenager. Is this never considered when looking at individual applications?

noshmon

Banned
I'm not being funny but if you self harmed when things where a little crap as a teen, do you not think it likely you may do it again when you're having a hard time being beasted and having people try to kill you?

Being a civvy I'm no expert, but I'm sure life changes when in the forces. Perhaps your "outlook on life" would change again, except this time they would be trusting you with weapons so you'd be less likely to biff it up.

A

angrydoc

Depends what caused it and the time lapse between the self-mutilation / self-poisoning and your application. Yes, these things are looked at - believe it or not we actually are moderately good at what we do.

I'm confused about your syntax though - do you dispute the fact you self-harmed?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I self harmed in Gib once when I had too many JC's and fell down the Main Access Hatch.