PM thanks military personnel for Olympics role

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by MoD_RSS, Jul 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Can anyone put a figure on the number of RN personnel involved.If this contravenes OPSEC please ignore.

3. I saw two in the daily mail.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I saw another lady matelot on the BBC News. So there's 2 and 1 total of three and of course the complement of the Ocean.

5. The times said it was split three way. However Royal is in that figure so as for matelots..... Though I saw one driving into London in 8's this morning. Surely the would be in cs95 MPT????

6. You got those in London, on land and on Ocean, those in Weymouth on land, on MNTS, on BULW, ON P2000 as well including flights.

7. According to Navy News here, the 17,000 military personnel committed to the Olympic and Paralympic events before the latest increase comprised 2,600 from the Royal Navy (presumably including Royal Marines), 2,600 from the RAF and 11,800 from the Army.

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Less obvious but no less important, let's not forget those brave members of STC conducting covert ops such as necklace searches in Portland Harbour and up the Thames... :wink:

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Suprising numbers there, I've always thought that a Matelot was worth at least 10 Pongos!

10. In weight maybe :)

• Like Like x 2

11. Hope they find my (temporary) girlfriend's pearl necklace from Work Up 1981.................

12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hate to tell you this, but I think she swallowed it. Well, she did when I gave her one.

13. Oh, do hush up you fifth columnist. Anyone could be reading this.