PM problem

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by danny, Sep 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My sent PMs keep going to my outbox rather than my sent messages folder. Is this normal as i would presume an outbox is where messages are stored prior to you sending them. Am i going mad?
  2. Pms stay in the outbox until they are read mate, then the move to the sent box.

Mine still says I have 65532 new messages though which it has done for yonks!
  3. Ok thanks im a mong then.
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, I read this thread expecting some rant from Finknottle about Gordon Brown... :shock: :lol:
  5. Re: PM problem - OUTBOX / SENTBOX

I have this problem too.

How long do they stay in the Outbox?

And who has to read them before they get sent?

Surely the only person that should be reading them is the named recipient.

And how can they read them if they havent been sent??

And yes, I really am this thick.
  6. Re: PM problem - OUTBOX / SENTBOX

When you send a pm it goes into your outbox, when the recipient reads them, they move to the sent box. If a pm is in the outbox it means the recipient hasn't bothered to read it. No one else reads pms.
  7. I'll see your 65532 to and raise you 1 . Mine says 65533 for ages now
  8. Sorry, but that is just weird.

Thank f*ck Outlook doesnt work like that. I really would be confused.

Ta for the quick response, much appreciated.
  9. Well if you would respond to my requests for a drink I might not have to keep pestering you. You cock tease you.
  10. I think it makes sense on the point that if something is in your Outbox and you've realised "Fk, I didn't want to send that/sent it to the wrong person" then you can delete and hey-presto, the message never arrives.

Of course, sending people PMs then deleting them from your outbox can cause the receiver no end of confusion, as they get a "you have mail" notification (if they have that set up on their e-mail) and then no new PM in the box to look at.

And if you have on-going problems - [email protected] and let us know user name, problem etc. and someone can look at it.

Simples! :D
  11. Black Cat, More like a FFing Panther!!!! :D