Plymouth: The End of An Era

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by Bad CO, Mar 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guess the location?

BGMYL1jCAAAmKAi (1).jpg

2. Christ - is the Avondale turning into a gastropub?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Um, is that Plymouth, or Torpoint.....? Because, with that lovely shade of blue, and the toplessness, I'd have gone for the King's Arms/Head down by the ferry slipway...

4. The Avondale indeed. Can't remember the King's in Torpoint being topless.

5. The King's Arms used to have a bikini night around 2000, never remember it being topless though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I can remeber Arthur in the Avondale wearing "A British Bulldog" rig complete with jodpurs and a Union Flag waistcoat. Must have been towards the end of the 80's

7. When the Avondale first went topless there were some quite reasonable puppies on display, just before it bit the bullet the puppies had degenerated to elderly Hush Puppy ears!!

8. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Arthur was a smashing old chap. It always amused me that he wouldn't dream of lock ins after hours, but wouldn't think twice about giving you a pint at breakfast time.

Edited to add, anyone know who the current gaffer is if Linda has moved on?

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

This sums you up Wrecks, there was a place with Puppies on parade and you take us to a place where there were Smurfs!!

10. Someone told me Smurfs have blue tits, turns out they were ornithologists...bastards!!

11. Piss up, Brewery, arrange, couldn't.

You work it out.

12. Out work it you??

13. In Guzz is Yoda?

14. Does it still have all those crests on the wall? I'd love to know if they're still around as I've never seen the sight before.