Plymouth Half Marathon 09

#4
tommo said:
Nope I'm sticking to just doing the Commando Challenge in October again lol More fun than just running
Sucker!!! 17 years later and i still have bloody nightmares :wink:

Good luck though as i know its for a good cause

XRD
 
#6
ex_rubberdagger said:
tommo said:
Nope I'm sticking to just doing the Commando Challenge in October again lol More fun than just running
Sucker!!! 17 years later and i still have bloody nightmares :wink:

Good luck though as i know its for a good cause

XRD
Yeah I know but now I know what to expect I'll be more prepared this time. Plus I've roped in 3 others to join us lol. We've also got two objectives. One being to beat our previous time. Second to beat one of the guys ex wife's team lol



wannabefpilot87 said:
It sounds like pure hell! Which race did any of you guys do, the 10k tactical?
Shall I? hmmm....
We did the 7 Mile last October. They changed it to 10k this year so not quite 7 mile. The 10k Tactical is in April and is a new event it's slightly different to the October one which is the one we're doing again.
 
#8
Moomin said:
Am I reading that right Tommo? Your objective is just to finish before a girls team! 8O
You assumed his ex wife's team is all girls lol It's mixed a team she's in of males and females :p

We can't let a team with her in it beat us no lol
 
#9
tommo said:
Moomin said:
Am I reading that right Tommo? Your objective is just to finish before a girls team! 8O
You assumed his ex wife's team is all girls lol It's mixed a team she's in of males and females :p

We can't let a team with her in it beat us no lol
I'll dig out and join your gang. You might see me having a nervous breakdown at the start though as the memories come flooding back.

Smartie tube Arrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
#10
ex_rubberdagger said:
tommo said:
Moomin said:
Am I reading that right Tommo? Your objective is just to finish before a girls team! 8O
You assumed his ex wife's team is all girls lol It's mixed a team she's in of males and females :p

We can't let a team with her in it beat us no lol
I'll dig out and join your gang. You might see me having a nervous breakdown at the start though as the memories come flooding back.

Smartie tube Arrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Now this I have to come and watch!!!!! 8O
 
#11
wannabefpilot87 said:
Out of interest, anyone participating??
I can't run for shit, getting there slowly- but sod it i'm going to sign up anyway!
Yep. Got my number months ago. Training going well (slight injury at the moment) but will be there on the day regardless.
:roll:
 
#13
Drakey said:
wannabefpilot87 said:
Out of interest, anyone participating??
I can't run for shit, getting there slowly- but sod it i'm going to sign up anyway!
Yep. Got my number months ago. Training going well (slight injury at the moment) but will be there on the day regardless.
:roll:
See you there then Drakey!
 
#14
Moomin said:
ex_rubberdagger said:
tommo said:
Moomin said:
Am I reading that right Tommo? Your objective is just to finish before a girls team! 8O
You assumed his ex wife's team is all girls lol It's mixed a team she's in of males and females :p

We can't let a team with her in it beat us no lol
I'll dig out and join your gang. You might see me having a nervous breakdown at the start though as the memories come flooding back.

Smartie tube Arrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Now this I have to come and watch!!!!! 8O
I'd still drag out my knee pads for the use of. Tip guys invest in a pair as the tunnels bugger your knees bigtime
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#15
ex_rubberdagger said:
...I'd still drag out my knee pads for the use of. Tip guys invest in a pair as the tunnels bugger your knees bigtime
Posing the question: why do you have a pair?! Do you often get chafing pains on your knees? Maybe from dancing to those 'Bronski Beat' 12"ers... :twisted:
 
#16
sgtpepperband said:
ex_rubberdagger said:
...I'd still drag out my knee pads for the use of. Tip guys invest in a pair as the tunnels bugger your knees bigtime
Posing the question: why do you have a pair?! Do you often get chafing pains on your knees? Maybe from dancing to those 'Bronski Beat' 12"ers... :twisted:
I thought you would able to answer that with all the dogging you do in the park. Must be a bitch trying to get those grass stains out of your rig. Hello Sailyor!! Or. Is it down to the fact you need them when your break dancing although from what i've heard your head is so shiny that spinning on it isn't much of a problem!! :evil: :twisted: 8O :D
 
#18
tommo said:
Becareful XRD you know what happened the last time you took the mick out of a bald reggie lol
Yeah i did call that 2 1/2 ringer with the bald head a cnut didn't i!!

SPB your a cnut and i don't care although it has been said that they are useful from time to time :D
 
#19
Drakey said:
wannabefpilot87 said:
Out of interest, anyone participating??
I can't run for shit, getting there slowly- but sod it i'm going to sign up anyway!
Yep. Got my number months ago. Training going well (slight injury at the moment) but will be there on the day regardless.
:roll:
Wannabe...

How did the half marathon go for you. What time did you complete it in. The weather wasn't ideal for running and I know that most people stuggled with the heat. Unfortunately my injury prevented me from taking part - gutted.
 
#20
Drakey said:
Drakey said:
wannabefpilot87 said:
Out of interest, anyone participating??
I can't run for shit, getting there slowly- but sod it i'm going to sign up anyway!
Yep. Got my number months ago. Training going well (slight injury at the moment) but will be there on the day regardless.
:roll:
Wannabe...

Unfortunately my injury prevented me from taking part - gutted.
Injury? What? Digestive tract full of pasties and pies probably....


*runs for cover*
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Health & Fitness 6
P Health & Fitness 4
Jenny_Dabber The Corps 1

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top