plymouth afco

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chrisj09, Apr 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. has anyone on here applied through plymouth afco?
    i heard that the selection progress can take up to months but lucky for me i applied through plymouth and basically done the whole selection progress this april. has anyone else had it done in a period of a month?
  2. I joined thru the navy office in '73..........not much help but i am sure someone will!
  3. I went through plymouth and it took about 2 months to get the paperwork done and then 16 months before they offered me a place, was a long time ago now though.
  4. My application was initially done in Redruth. Everything took about a month or so in total. Since then though, I've transferred my application to the Manchester AFCO - just waiting for a date.
  5. Is this a chuck-up for the careers advisers in the Plymouth AFCO??
  6. hdw... are you originally a cornish lad then?
  7. Nah. I'm from North Wales, but moved down to Cornwall last year after a couple of years living in Manchester. Sadly, the move didn't pan out as I'd hoped, so I ended up moving back home to Wales in December.
  8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I joined up via the Plymouth AFCO, it was called a bog standard RN/RM recruiting office back then when every service had separate recruiting offices. Has it changed much or is there still a pull up bar for aspiring young thrusters to hang off and big posters of Harrier jump jets and wind surfers?
  9. A pull up bar? Wtf?

Did you have to do a set of 20 before they let you in or something?

In Leeds you have to negotiate the door. ABout 90% of the locals fail.
  10. In answer to the original question, I know a lad that went through the Plymouth AFCO in January. He had all his tests etc done within 3 weeks. What's most annoying is that we live in the same town, he went Plymouth and I went Exeter. He applied after me (same trade) and is already at HMS Raleigh when I gotta wait another month yet. Just the luck of the draw I suppose.
  11. I've applied for Warfare Officer through Plymouth AFCO.
    I received my AIB date couple weeks back. All together the process has taken about six months, although I did have a delay with my medical which some problems arose.
  12. wet_blobby

No, but 10 was the minimum expected or there ended the attempt at joining the Corps, all before sitting down for a chat.
  13. The one on mayflower street is long gone now wet_blobby, assuming that's the one you were referring too, I think it's a restaurant of some description now.

Confused the heck out of me when I went looking for it, only to find out they'd moved.
  14. wet_blobby

So's my ability to hang of bars....
  15. I went through the Plymouth AFCO, I started the process in January and am going to Raleigh July 5th. I have to say they've been brilliant!
  16. i signed up and passed all my tests / meds etc last april and would of been in by last sept from the plymouth branch, been put on hold for over a year whilst i had an op to sort some medical stuff out. but the plym branch is awsomely quick and there sound guys in there too :)
  17. Best you are not trying to steal my name/thunder

18. Superbarrio what is that on your face- pegs? Those lush coloured walls look distinctly like that the Fresher and Professor haha
  19. heh no thunder to steal here mario, theres room enough for 2 super men!

Nah the thing on my head is half a novelty condom i blew up on my head in a bar in america, cost me 5 dollars to wear that thing on my head but the free beer kept on rolling all night :D

20. so when you going in then mate?