plymouth afco

chrisj09

Lantern Swinger
has anyone on here applied through plymouth afco?
i heard that the selection progress can take up to months but lucky for me i applied through plymouth and basically done the whole selection progress this april. has anyone else had it done in a period of a month?

I went through plymouth and it took about 2 months to get the paperwork done and then 16 months before they offered me a place, was a long time ago now though.

My application was initially done in Redruth. Everything took about a month or so in total. Since then though, I've transferred my application to the Manchester AFCO - just waiting for a date.

chrisj09 said:
has anyone on here applied through plymouth afco?
i heard that the selection progress can take up to months but lucky for me i applied through plymouth and basically done the whole selection progress this april. has anyone else had it done in a period of a month?
Is this a chuck-up for the careers advisers in the Plymouth AFCO??
:)

hisdumbwaiter said:
My application was initially done in Redruth. Everything took about a month or so in total. Since then though, I've transferred my application to the Manchester AFCO - just waiting for a date.
hdw... are you originally a cornish lad then?

Nah. I'm from North Wales, but moved down to Cornwall last year after a couple of years living in Manchester. Sadly, the move didn't pan out as I'd hoped, so I ended up moving back home to Wales in December.

wet_blobby

War Hero
I joined up via the Plymouth AFCO, it was called a bog standard RN/RM recruiting office back then when every service had separate recruiting offices. Has it changed much or is there still a pull up bar for aspiring young thrusters to hang off and big posters of Harrier jump jets and wind surfers?

wet_blobby said:
is there still a pull up bar for aspiring young thrusters to hang off
A pull up bar? Wtf?

Did you have to do a set of 20 before they let you in or something?

In Leeds you have to negotiate the door. ABout 90% of the locals fail.

gregsnell

Lantern Swinger
In answer to the original question, I know a lad that went through the Plymouth AFCO in January. He had all his tests etc done within 3 weeks. What's most annoying is that we live in the same town, he went Plymouth and I went Exeter. He applied after me (same trade) and is already at HMS Raleigh when I gotta wait another month yet. Just the luck of the draw I suppose.

I've applied for Warfare Officer through Plymouth AFCO.
I received my AIB date couple weeks back. All together the process has taken about six months, although I did have a delay with my medical which some problems arose.

wet_blobby

War Hero
Dr.Zoidberg said:
wet_blobby said:
is there still a pull up bar for aspiring young thrusters to hang off
A pull up bar? Wtf?

Did you have to do a set of 20 before they let you in or something?

In Leeds you have to negotiate the door. ABout 90% of the locals fail.
No, but 10 was the minimum expected or there ended the attempt at joining the Corps, all before sitting down for a chat.

The one on mayflower street is long gone now wet_blobby, assuming that's the one you were referring too, I think it's a restaurant of some description now.

Confused the heck out of me when I went looking for it, only to find out they'd moved.

i signed up and passed all my tests / meds etc last april and would of been in by last sept from the plymouth branch, been put on hold for over a year whilst i had an op to sort some medical stuff out. but the plym branch is awsomely quick and there sound guys in there too :)

superbarrio said:
i signed up and passed all my tests / meds etc last april and would of been in by last sept from the plymouth branch, been put on hold for over a year whilst i had an op to sort some medical stuff out. but the plym branch is awsomely quick and there sound guys in there too :)
Best you are not trying to steal my name/thunder

Supermario

:)

heh no thunder to steal here mario, theres room enough for 2 super men!

Nah the thing on my head is half a novelty condom i blew up on my head in a bar in america, cost me 5 dollars to wear that thing on my head but the free beer kept on rolling all night :D

chrisj09

Lantern Swinger
superbarrio said:

so when you going in then mate?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
beer_bosun The Fleet 93
Nigaramus Submariners 15
Jenny_Dabber The Corps 1