Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Re-Post If Your Post Shows As Blank By Going To Edit Post & Re-Writing It

soleil

War Hero
A gremlin is lurking this evening and gobbling up posts at random. The only cure seems to be to go to Edit to re-write the post. It may be a good idea to copy and paste if necessary any long posts so that you don't have the annoyance of having to rewrite them.

Hopefully normal service will be resumed shortly.

mikh

MIA
Sometimes taking 5 or 6 atempts at edit and retype (although I am now copying each post I make so I can just past it back when I have to retype)

mikh

MIA
Just noticed something else, if you preview your post (go advanced) it will reflect what is actually going to show, so if you get a blank page on preview you know what you have to do

A

angrydoc

Err, any word on this being fixed? It's rising in position in the list of things that annoy me...

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Another snag I encounter is when using my mobile phone it won't let me enter text. I don't have Tapatalk - is this the only way to use mobile devices on RR as it doesn't seem to be compatable with Nokia (Symbian) phones?

Good CO

Admin
Another snag I encounter is when using my mobile phone it won't let me enter text. I don't have Tapatalk - is this the only way to use mobile devices on RR as it doesn't seem to be compatable with Nokia (Symbian) phones?

Mobile theme or the normal site?

Ballistic

War Hero
And the smilies are back! :wav:

Well done Good CO :clap:

oops, can't post smilies even though they appear to be available.

Last edited:

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
PLEASE sort it out soon as it is a PITA remembering to copy what was a cracking off the cuff post, only to find it has vanished and you cannot remember what was written!

And PLEASE fix the emoticons - they show on the writing box and preview, but die on the way to the main page.

Good CO

Admin
now the post problems may be irritating but LARGE RED FONT is really really really really irritating and deserving of an iron bar in the knackers.

Should now be sorted - hopefully.

To give an insight in to the issue for those who care, every once in a while our server OS get upgrades exactly like Windows does only 99% of the time absolutely trouble free and reliable, although we limit the upgrade of some key packages. One of the non-key packages has a bug that unusually has made it through the system - PCRE v 8.21. Unfortunately this has come to light while I've been doing family stuff.

So apologies for the inconvenience and as I said, hopefully now sorted.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chieftiff The RR Art debate poll, please read post 1 before posting. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 30
M PLEASE SEE MY POST RE HMS HOOD AND MY GRANDFATHERS SERVICE History 0
M Can you please Help reading naval record please Miscellaneous 9
M Help reading naval record please Miscellaneous 18
K Please help with Interview and Training information Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
D Help - Uniform ID Please History 17
B How soon will the commonwealth hold be taken off please? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
D Am I banned from joining the Navy forever? Please help me :) Joining the Royal Navy 18
T Advice on officer or rating please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
Oldest_Nozzer Re-Joining the RN - Some Advice Please.. Joining the Royal Navy 4
B Some general advice please Finance & Pensions 4
C If possible, I would like to get in touch with anyone who served as a Royal Navy Officer prior to 1993 please. The Quarterdeck 27
R Joining questions please RFA 11
H please delete Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Please don’t waste this moment MoD News 0
A Advice please Joining the Royal Navy 2
slim Brexit re article 50 it must not be suspended/stopped under any circumstances Please sign the petition Current Affairs 486
bizkit81 Please some advice to help me decide what to do next RFA 3
S Help please. Changing role before interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
D Please delete answer found The Quarterdeck 6
A Advice please; Finance & Pensions 3
C Please help. New recruit advice desperate parent! Nearest & Dearest 2
L re-joining help please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
H Temporarily Medically Unfit - Advice Please! Joining the Royal Navy 8
A Some Advice Please Joining the Royal Navy 2
N GIP inflation help please. Finance & Pensions 2
Repulse Ship ID, please... 1908 History 14
Dusty70 Homeless ex services - please share with other sites Charity 7
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp TICKETS, Please The Fleet 19
L Delete please Joining the Royal Navy 4
K Please Delete...Pointless Thread Now :) Joining the Royal Navy 31
D Please read Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
B Thoughts on BTEC or A levels please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
L Need advice please Joining the Royal Navy 44
tbfyb Please answer asap! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
tbfyb PRNC Medical info please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
FlagWagger Crabfat duvets - suggestions please... Diamond Lil's 1
Cameroon..James99 Pre jointing fitness test advice please?! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 48
sj25105815 Failed medical - Appeal outline help please. Joining the Royal Navy 4
NateDogg Help with possible debt problem please? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
J Please Help ME!? History 5
Borochap Ex RN Chef thinking of joining up, advice please... RFA 67
J Naval interview please help! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
A Advice please. Partner returning from overseas. Nearest & Dearest 32
T5igger Submariner advice please Submariners 5
F Medical Advise please. Joining the Royal Navy 1
M Help, please.... Submarine Desalination Submariners 3
NateDogg Can anyone help me please I have questions about vetting?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
T Help and advice please! Joining the Royal Navy 0
boatresearchservices KIWI Class Boat ,ex crew ? owners of KIWI class vessels? ex owners? please read . The Fleet 0