Please help - Question.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by gazb2, Jan 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all. I got accepted for the Royal Navy about 6 months ago (on a wait list for Air Controller) passed my medical, fitness, selection interviews etc etc - but I've just been asked by the company I'm currently working for if to move up to commercial manager. It's a great opportunity, and I'm wanting to accept it. However, I notice it said "You can cancel your application at any point up to entry" - Does this mean I've already gained entry to Navy by completing the selection interview? Is it OK to cancel at this point? I know I'm probably being paranoid, but any help would be super!

2. No, entry means rocking up at Raleigh and signing on the line. Just give the AFCO a call.

3. ninja.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks very much! Appreciated!

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As correctly stated, you're under no obligation to join until you actually 'sign on'.All we ask is tell your AFCO sooner rather than later.Good luck in the new job and remember you may re-apply later for as long as you remain eligible, if it goes pear-shaped.

6. Thanks a lot Ninja - I'm giving AFCO a phone tomorrow morning. I'll definitely keep in mind to re-apply if it doesn't work out. A shame as I was looking forward to it - but it seems the best option for now. Thanks again...!