PLEASE HELP interview nerves!!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by beth, Jan 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i have my initial interview on the 23rd of this month just wondering if anybody knows any websites that can help me with any possible interview questions.... 1st sea lord etc. help will be greatly appreciated!

2. Re: interview!!! HELP!

interview for what- joining up??

3. Re: interview!!! HELP!

yes sorry! didn make that very clear did i!! sorry about that any tips???!

4. be honest and open and your self
    if you hve decided what branch you want to go in to tell them
    if asked
    you are not racist
    not anti gay
    not scared of being shouted at and following orders
    you dont drink to excess !!!
    you want to make a caree out of it
    being stuck in a tin can isnt an issue
    yes i can sow and iron !!!!

na just kidding be youself dont be to quick to answer think the question out they will be trying to make you dig a big hole :grin:

good luck

5. thnx 4 that :D

6. Remember the panel will not be looking for someone who's already in the RN, but someone who's interested in it and has done their homework. The RN website has basic info on 1SL, 2SL, CINCFLEET etc - know their names but you don't need to know where they went to school!

Know about current issues in the RN - new carriers, Astute class subs, T45 destroyer etc. Also about big issues in the news at the mo - read the paper for the next week so you can talk for a couple of sentences about the big articles. Have opinions on things - you may be asked something controversial, like what you think of immigration. As long as your answer isn't bigoted or racist, as long as it's been thought through then you'll be ok.

7. Yeah beth, seriously, unless its for officer, you just have to be yourself and be polite. Go to royal-navy.mod.uk if you already haven't and get some knowledge about what you'll be wanting to do there. They wanna make sure your kinda know what u are getting in to. Good luck with it and let us know how it goes.

8. You'll enjoy the interview, really! The current affairs tip is good, that really impresses.
    I didn't get asked any controversial questions, but did get asked to name a few ships.

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I've corrected your spelling mistake Snapper :shock: