Please can you Help. PLEASE

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by Rog, May 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Rog



    A tricky subject, does anyone have any storys about any sexual assults in D.Q's from 1990 to 1995.

    I really need help in this, so anything, rumours, storys, anything, you dont need to give names but as you have guest yes I have a story that happened to me, Im now at home with my wife and two kids, I have PTSD, uncontroled Epilepsy and mentaly pritty screwed up. this has all come out in my life over the past year and a half, and just really need to know it wasnt just me.

    So please if you have heard anything however small please PLEASE, anything.

    All the very best,

  2. Rog



    Thanks I have but need more help to see if anyone else has any story's that can help me.
  3. Rog

    I think that you should seek as much support as possible at such a difficult time. You should definitely speak to your GP about your epilepsy and get the help/medication/referral you clearly need to bring it under control.

    It might help you to talk to SSAFA's Forces Line, available Monday-Friday, including Bank Holidays,from 10.30am - 7.30pm on 0800 731 4880. Give them a call today.

    Combat Stress might also be able to assist.

    How we can help UK Armed Forces Veterans with mental health problems | Combat Stress
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  4. In short Rog, I don't think anyone will spill the beans, wether true or false for a poster with little history.

    All above comments are correct, if you have doubts or beliefs that wrong doings have taken place then seek professional assistance.

    There is enough stone throwing in the country as it is with 'Yewtree' and the like taking place.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Seadog

    Seadog War Hero Moderator


    You say you have already been to the police but you need more. I would suggest that the police (MOD/Service/CivPol) are in a better position to focus efforts in tracking down former DQ inmates for questioning about what you allege than 'we' at RR are. They have the mandate and the resources.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Rog



    I'm sorry, but after what happened 18 years ago to me from someone who was meant to be looking after me and who was incharged of me, I only now have the guts to try and find out if anyone else went through what I had to, aged19 I just didn't know what I was ment to do. Only now I am strong enough to stand up and say that it was very wrong and try to get some sort of justice can be found, as my whole life has been screwed up by one mans actions. I'm not stone throwing at all I'm just trying to get a life. Sorry if I upset you in anyway. Rog.
  7. Then go to the authorities! Simple.
  8. The police will not act on rumours or heresay or you telling them others suffered. You have to make the allegation directly to the police for them to investigate. DQs closed during the time of your allegations so you are probably going to have to go it alone on this. This is a serious allegation and you need to log every little detail you can remember. Can I ask, after this spell in DQs, did you continue to serve? Because of all the hype about superstars and kiddy-fiddling, now is perhaps your best time to nail your colours to the mast and make statements to your local plod and MoD plod. Also get your MP involved and see if SSAFA and/or RBG can help. You do know you can go see a solicitor for half an hour freebie whereupon he may be able to get things moving. You, though, have to make the initial approaches and don't stumble at the first hurdle. It will be a testing time. Best of luck.
  9. Seadog

    Seadog War Hero Moderator

    You haven't. Coming here and telling a very small part of your story takes moral courage. Continue to exercise moral courage and take the advice given so far. Go to the police with a name and specifics. The ball will start rolling. You owe it to yourself, your family and the Naval Service.
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  10. sgtpepperband

    sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

    As an ex-Service Policeman and serving Police Officer, I have been involved in many cases involving sexual abuse in the Services and elsewhere. While I understand the trauma suffered by the victims of abuse and their need to seek justice (and the empowering emotion it evokes to speak about it publically, possibly insitgated by the ongoing Operation YEWTREE enquiries) I would suggest that you are probably not the best person to approach other victims or the alleged members of staff you refer to. We do not know who you are or if your story is genuine; another member could potentially divulge personal confidential information to you that could be used for nefarious reasons.

    As suggested by other members already, I would strongly recommend that you approach your local Police Force to submit a statement of witness; they will also provide the relevant counselling advice as necessary. There may also be some local Armed Forces' support services in your area, who can put you in touch with additional local counsellors.
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  11. The above is probably the best advise you are going to get. You have got this far, so take one more step and go to the police. Don't try and go it alone, you may well end up in more of a mess. Listen to sgtpepperband.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. I don't think you need to apologise Rog, and I'm sure you haven't upset anyone. Agree with the other comments, this needs professional/expert advice and action. A harrowing tale, good luck in getting things sorted.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. And, should it ever go to court, you will have undermined the case by giving them the defence of "collusion". The less contact you have with other potential witnesses or indeed victims the better. Let the police find them and use their evidence to support the accusations. This is a criminal law matter, not a civil law one. Remember, the burden of proof is on the prosecutor and needs to be proven beyond reasonable doubt. Don't derail a case before it even begins.

    As others have said, follow the sage advice the other posters have given.
    • Like Like x 2

Share This Page