Please be generous!

Discussion in 'Charity' started by hornpipe, May 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Project 65 has been created to honour D-Day Veterans in particular the men who took part in the Coup de Main operation to capture the bridges over the Caen Canal and River Orne in the first combat operation of D-Day 65 years ago. The bridges are nowadays known as Pegasus and Horsa Bridges. A team of over 200 sponsored runners will leave Tarrant Rushton Airfield on June 4th 2009 and run 65 miles to arrive at Pegasus Bridge to celebrate and commemorate the 65th Anniversary of D-Day on June 6th 2009. This ultra-run is titled the 'RUN TO PEGASUS'

A new military charity, Project 65 aims to raise £500,000, a small proportion of which will be used to erect a simple but lasting memorial to the men of the Coup de Main force and those directly associated with the operation 65 years ago. The memorial will be erected directly in front of the original bridge within the grounds of the Memorial Pegasus Museum.

The remainder of the money raised will be split between the following service charities:

The Royal British Legion
    BLESMA
    St Dunstan’s
    RAF Benevolent Fund
    Army Benevolent Fund
    Help for Heroes
    These service charities are critical in continuing the requisite help and care to disabled and wounded men and women of today’s Armed Forces.

The Chief of the General Staff, General Sir Richard Dannatt has agreed to unveil the new memorial on 6th June 2009, in commemoration of the soldiers of the Coup De Main operation.

Two very brave runners from my little town are taking on this big challenge for the benefit of all needy servicemen and families.

Please respond generously by making a donation to:
    www.justgiving.com/davidrowe2

Thanks on their behalf,
    hornpipe

2. Look! I got jacked over the net with a credit card fraud,didn't lose much but I won't give out card details over the net again.
    Give me details of where I can send a cheque or a bank acc. I can place it in and you welcome to a tenner from me.
    Well done for the effort I will donate but not by card,hope you understand.Regards