Please allow me to introduce myself...

Hi all

Just found this site and have spent all day wallowing in reminscences of old pubs, ships, bases etc. The older I get the more I seem to miss it all!

I was in between 1976 and 1985 and left as an MEM(M)1 (hey, I motored me!). Always guz based except for one summer in Pompey at Sultan on AMC course.

Worked for a bit in the Two Trees on Union Street on leaving and eventually spent 3 years as an engineer on coasters (home trade).

Anyway - how are you all doing? Glad I found the site.

All the best

Tim (George)

Hi Tim & welcome mate , where abouts in Northumberland do you live , I'm from Newcastle but now settled in Plymouth , enjoy the site , :lol:

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
Harry_off_the_Hermes said:
Cheers for the welcome everyone.

dondon: We are just up the Tyne Valley at Ovingham. I'm from the Toon myself though and grew up in the West End before joining the mob at 18.
Welcome Towns.

Harry_off_the_Hermes said:
Cheers for the welcome everyone.

dondon: We are just up the Tyne Valley at Ovingham. I'm from the Toon myself though and grew up in the West End before joining the mob at 18.
I was born in Newcastle Gen Hospital in 1955 , joined the Andrew in 71 , left in 95 , and settled here ever since , always a Geordie though , I have loads of phots of the North East in Theatres here at Derriford Hospital in the xray dark room , have to move them soon though , reconfigaration they say , beats me , good to hear from a Geordie , :roll:

Great pic dondon. Did you take that? I was working on the Team Valley when the Angel was being constructed and used to peddle up there in my lunch break to watch it go up.

This thread is becoming a bit like a Rosyth draft. Hinny bus anyone?

How do you get a badge on here? I might be able to keep one of those, my last ones were on with velcro!

Tim

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Submariners 13
andym The Fleet 13
Jenny_Dabber The Quarterdeck 20