Plea over aircraft carrier deal

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by oberon, Jun 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Think some MPs are worried about their jobs?

BBC link

2. Thats a good thing, well get em quicker!!

3. My money is still on them 'never' appearing.

4. I understand the Frogs have dropped out of the cooperation deal, will that mean a back to the drawing board review

5. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Papers say Frogs are now after a 2nd CdeG (presumably improved to allow it to operate properly!) far into the future, nuc cheaper than oil etc. So presumably knock-on cost implications for our two.

I do think these were a Blair enthusiasm when somebody explained power projection to him, which appealed to his inner megalomaniac. Brroon's megalomania takes other forms, more about micromanaging everything and everybody at home (while continuing his predecessor's work of deliberately and in detail destroying the concept of 'England' and 'English'). So situation does not look good for the RN - if the carrier spend is (say) out off the cash will go back to the treasury I think rather than the MoD.

6. The report I saw indicated that the frogs had dropped out as a result of their defence review and massive cuts, if they can't afford our cheapo carriers how the hell will they afford another CDG

Peter