playing with the new RR

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Jan 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Thought I'd start a thread so we can all practice the new software, feel free to quote, edit, add smileys and generally fcuk arrse about in here.

buggered if I can add a smiley
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  2. Looks good. takes a bit of getting used to.Can't find an arrse to fcuk about with yet but give me time.
  3. wet_blobby

Nah.... still cant do it....

fcuked if I know how...
  4. My smilie didn't appear either.And where's the list of all the others gone?
  5. wet_blobby

sorted.... I think.....

No.. lost the abiity to do bold etc...
  6. There it is the little bugger.It comes in at the start of the sentance.And cant do smilies on quick reply it seems and multiples are out of the question
  7. wet_blobby

Yep.... bold italics etc are on quick reply, you cant access them later

Also it's Bold on bold off with one click IE [b/] so you have to delete the bit you dont want as you go
  8. wet_blobby

oops..fcuked that bit up
  9. That's because it is a 'Post Icon', whose job is to denote the tenor of the post as a whole.
    Doubtless the COs will get the smileys back up and running soon, but I seem to remember it took a while on ARRSE when they moved to this format. In the meantime, we can always revert to just using txtspk lol ;)
  10. All smilies & formatting should now be available using the 'Go Advanced' button

Go Advanced.jpg

Pse let me know if you have any problems
  11. wet_blobby

12. starting to like it :happy3: Nice and easy to insert pics.Here's the Jaffle iron for Rumrat

Attached Files:

13. Looks cool, I'm sure with time all members will get used to the new format. Even the Bootnecks!
    Mentioning Royals, can we still change the home page/header to RM style? I'm missing my lil' soldier.
    Standing by for inuendo laden replies.:winkrazz:
  14. An old git like me will have a few problems I have no doubt,it's like the time we had to return a water bed because the wife said it was too fast for us!
    I always logged on under the last 50 posts, has that gone?
  15. Sorry I just noticed it.Technology's not my strong point.
  16. There should be a login bar at the top of every page now:

17. No probs, I'm sure someone else will be having the same problem so useful to highlight it!
  18. Hmmm. Managed to login and post a repy, Looks o.k. no doubt get used to it given time
  19. Jaffle Iron, V8?

Old Ratters is still struggling along quite nicely with these, thank you very much:

PS Interestingly, I quoted your Post but that WI picture didn't appear at the Advance Preview Post .....

Edit to add - Nor did it appear in the published post, either - Cry.
  20. I ain't got a clue with this lot now. No smilies, do not know how to "Edit" and even the button to get to the top of the page is gone.
    I cannot see me staying on Rumration if I cannot operate the software.
    How do you PM etc.