Plans announced for new military ward at Edgbaston

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by hackle, Jul 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hackle

hackle Badgeman Moderator

The MOD and University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust have just announced plans to build a new military hospital ward for injured soldiers in Birmingham.

2. Re: Plans announced for new military ward at Selly Oak

About time too,mind you if they hadnt closed down the military hospitals in the first place they wouldnt have too.

3. Re: Plans announced for new military ward at Selly Oak

Have you got a reference for this?

4. Re: Plans announced for new military ward at Selly Oak

I think you will find that the existing site of SOH will be moving to the new "Super" hospital which is currently being built next to the Q.E Hospital in Birmingham.

http://www.uhb.nhs.uk/NewHospital/Home.aspx

According to a programme (newsnight i think) the military wing will be moving to that site also. Its quite impressive to look at until you realise that when its completed the allocated bed numbers still wont be enough according to current trends.

5. hackle

hackle Badgeman Moderator

6. I know i am!! :thumright:

Hackle. I occasionally have the unfortunate task of transporting the returning wounded from Birmingham airport to SOH and give 110% to them during this time!! I also have to say as with regard getting the right treatment from top class surgeons they are indeed in the right place although its unfortunate that the returning wounded do not get a dedicated hospital which they indeed deserve.

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

ITN had a piece on it at lunchtime