places to visit

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by waveyourflag, Jul 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. how many countries do you reckon id visit if i joined the submarine service for say..10 years?

just out of interest

ta

2. 2, England and Scotland (Wales for expeds if that counts)

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I went to Scotland, Ireland, USA,Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Barbados, Puerto Rico, Panama, Hawai, Guam, Austrailia and Middlesborough. Several of them more than once, though once in Middlesborough is enough for most. Thats without the UK visits, I've probably missed some out.

4. wow lol, so whats up with the first answer haha

5. Whats your main priority for joining the submarine service? To see the world?

6. well ive always wanted to join the navy, and theres something about submarines that really appeals to me (dont know what exactly, i just have a feeling haha), seeing the world is just a bonus to serving

i was just interested really

7. I see, i guess aslong as you don't join just because you think you'll see alot of foreign places you'll be alright. You have to assume you could only ever see faslane and guzz and the inside of your boat. ;)

8. How many of them did you blow-up? :twisted:

9. thanks for the advice mate, thats witj bomber right? ^

10. All from your vast experience as a submariner I assume :roll:

11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...as apposed to Naval Occifers, who join the Chips 'n' Gravy for the world to see them! :roll: :wink:

12. Yeah i made my first submarine at 12 years old out of a cardboard box and a snorkel. Its maiden voyage was cut short half way across my pond for some reason still unkown to me. So you can see why i never went anywhere sadly.

No seriously, im not a submariner yet but it doesn't take 20 years as one to realise you might not get exactly what you expect from the service. eh?

What waffle am i talking, just do what you like waveyourflag. :D

13. Ah, that'll be the submarine pay then!! :lol: