Places to stay

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by Oscaig, Jun 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know of a decent place to stay for the passing-out parade? I will be coming from the Highlands of Scotland and would need somewhere to stay for a couple of days as I don't see me going down there and coming back on the same day :D
  2. I find doing the Swilly ramble usually does the trick when looking for somewhere to crash, just pull a Swilly bird and shack up with her and her 4 kids for a few days.

Alternatively the B&Bs on Plymouth Hoe are cheap and decent enough. I would recommend staying Plymouth side as opposed to Torpoint side as there is more to do. Also the Cornish worry me.
  3. You will be sent an information pack about the passing out parade which normally includes accommodation in the local area as well as slightly further afield. The link that WreckerL provided is a good start.
  4. Be aware they only accept real money down south, no bails of hay or sheep!!! :D

And they talk funny!! :D
  5. That's okay coz I talk funny too and do you think they would accept a Monopoly note as Scottish pounds are as good as down in Sassenach country. :) Thank you all for the info though...much appreciated :D
  6. After my passing out I stayed here:

Hotel was nice and not too expensive. The people behind reception were incredibly nice - even helping book taxis to get my family to Raleigh and advising on places to eat. Only slight drawback is limited car parking.

Short walk to a couple of bars as well.

Hope that helps.
  7. Thanks for that, Foxy. Much appreciated.