Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by MattReid, Jun 10, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What sort of times should I aim for?
  2. I'm hoping to join up as a Pilot. I know the max time to complete the PJFT is 11mins 9sec but what sort of times are expected of someone who is say, applying for pilot? Or does it not really matter, as long as you pass it? Apologises if a thread that answers this had already been made.
  3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Really fast ones.

How old are you?

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.
  4. I'm 17, I'm aiming to finish it in around 10 minutes. Is that a good target?
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Eight minutes twenty seconds is good, but that - and anything more than that but less than 11 mins, 9 secs is a pass. Anything sub ten minutes indicates a reasonable level of fitness but doesn't alter the selection decision of FATs & AIB.
  6. Brilliant, thanks a lot!!
  7. Just pass it. But I am nearly 46 and still sub 10 mins so do you want to be beaten by an old guy?
  8. I did the test yesterday and completed it in 9mins 40! Pleased enough with that. Thanks again for the help guys
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Decent time. Well done.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Well its 20 seconds quicker than you predicted so should have ran it a bit slower :p congrats, good luck with the rest of the app process! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks guys! :)