PJFT

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gazza82, Sep 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys & gals
    I've successfully completed my PJFT today :thumright:
    Now I guess is the time where I've got the long wait till I can finally goto ralleigh.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Well done fella.

Not long now.

3. thanks NS
    Hope its not too long ;)

4. Well done mate , welcome to the Andrew , :salut:

5. thanks DonDon

6. Well done Hopefully not long to go now

7. Well done mate.

Passed my over a month ago, but still not heard anything from them ( I know it'll be several months before I actually start). Just wondered should I be expecting a confirmation letter just letting me know that everythings passed and to await my start date. Or do they not send you anything. Thinking about ringing my AFCO just to make sure as Im so eager to get in, hope there aint forgotten about me!

Phil

8. Ninja_Stoker

Hello Birdy, well done getting thus far.

If you can illuminate us as to which particular trade you are applying for perhaps we can hazard a guess as to the expected time you will wait to be notified for an entry date from having passed your Recruiting Test & been passed fit to enter.

Generally entry dates are allocated one term (similar to school terms) ahead. For example if you're joining date is going to be between January & Easter 2008, you will be notified between now & the end of November, etc.,
    The exception to the rule is if a short notice (cancellation) entry date becomes available which happens from time to time.

9. Nice one mate. :thumright:

What time did you do it in? Or, like me, were you just focussed on staying on the bloody treadmill?

10. Thanks guys, joining up as an ETME. My AFCO officer in Hull, Mr P****, said it could be around July time next year but he wasnt sure. So I guess I wont get a confirmation letter just stating Ive passed everything and should await a start date through the post? Just getting a bit worried that I aint heard nothing at all.

Did the run in about 11.30 I think, did it at Destiny Fitness in Hull, posh gym but the tredmills were bloody ancient. Felt like they would fall to bits if I ran any faster than 14km/h.

11. Ninja_Stoker

Yup, waiting time for ET(ME) is currently around 8 months, so June/July sounds about right.

Generally, the first letter you will get is your provisional offer of service which should arrive between Jan 08 and Easter 08.

To ensure you meet everything, ensuring the earliest possible entry date, you should:

Ú¤ Make sure you've returned your FULLY completed Security Questionnaire- must be BLACK ink, covering a full 5 years of previous addresses of yourself & parents (& partner, if applicable)

Ú¤ Ensure both references are completed & returned by your nominated referees- CHECK.

Ú¤ Provide 4 X colour passport photographs.

Ú¤ Return all completed entry documentation upon receipt- do not delay

Ú¤ Possess a valid passport- CHECK

Good luck!

12. Well Done

13. Ninja_Stoker

Thanks mate.

14. Ú¤ Make sure you've returned your FULLY completed Security Questionnaire- must be BLACK ink, covering a full 5 years of previous addresses of yourself & parents (& partner, if applicable)

Done

Ú¤ Ensure both references are completed & returned by your nominated referees- CHECK.

Done

Ú¤ Provide 4 X colour passport photographs.

Dodgy Phot's but never the less Done

Ú¤ Return all completed entry documentation upon receipt- do not delay

All Done

Ú¤ Possess a valid passport- CHECK

Done

I hate waiting.

15. Ninja_Stoker

We all do Birdy, particularly in the "want it now" culture we all live in.

But it's worth the wait to ensure you end up doing the right job. It would be very easy to suggest you join submarines as an ET(MESM), but unless you specifically wanted to be a submariner then there is no point joining in a job you do not wish to do as you may not transfer under any circumstances once you've joined.

I'm afraid it's just the waiting game for now. You could enquire at your AFCO whether you may undertake a Royal Navy Acquaint Course (RNAC), which is worthwhile.

RNAC Careers Publication

16. I know, I apologise for my inpatience yesterday was just having a bad day at work. Yeah I was given an indepth talk about switching to Subs (More Money, no wait time, Money Handshake after training???) but it just doesnt appeal really. Rather wait it out :)

17. Sorry for late reply Creddly
    I did it in time thats all I know the treadmill was horrible hate those damn things..

18. Agreed.

I despise treadmills.

Please someone tell me it's all track running at Raleigh!

19. Ninja_Stoker

20. Ninja, you're a god!!!

Thank you!