PJFT

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ship_rat, Feb 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all

what happens if you don't pass the PJFT? do you get a second chance?
    how long do you have to wait for if you do get a second chance?
    please can anybody help?

thanx ship_rat

2. You get three strikes me thinks, but if you still can't manage the time after that I’m sure you can pay for the test itself and do it to your hearts desire! It won't look that good however and I wouldn’t recommend doing it this way. Pass first time and it will make your life a bit easier. :wink:

Just get on that treadmill and run your ass off! :lol:

3. You get three strikes then leave it 18 months (they bin your paperwork then) and apply at another AFCO.

4. What's a PJFT test?

5. Pre Joining fitness test, dead easy really (the test that is!)

6. lol Well nobody should fail it more than once to be honest.

I'm only skeptical because I can't picture in my mind how a tread-mill works.

I've only ever run on REAL surfaces and not a hamster toy.

I keep thinking I'm gonna slip off it! lol - How does it work? I know you go faster by pressing a button, but won't you slip whilst pressing that button?

7. Not really - it's not too slippy.

creddly... you're not walting as Nelson I hope? :lol:

8. hi
    unless your going for RM or diver, then you have to be fitter than the rest!!! trust me it'ain't so easy!
    dogfish

9. As an aside, why is it that divers have to be so much more fit than the rest?

10. Try running flat out on mudflats with flippers on.

11. Having seen their training, and what they do - they really do have to be fit!

12. thanx for the support guys!!
    dogfish

13. hi
    panic over!
    did the run last night in my local gym. got a good time, nearly droped a minute off from when i did it 4 weeks ago.
    ship_rat

14. Well done ShipRat!!!

Hang on a minute... local Gym?

What do you mean local? lol

Surely they don't do the fitness tests at your local Gym!

Who's testing you? lol

I'm so confused by this! lol

I'm just off down to Cardiff now to fill out an application! Trouble is, it's doubtful whether I'll make it as the whole of South Wales is covered in 8 inches of Snow! :evil:

15. hi
    the PJFT is done at a local gym. i think it is LA fintess that holds the contract to do the PJFT.
    i have got my test on saturday at my local LA fitness centre.
    but i have been running pracitise sessions at my local gym.

good luck with the application, hope you got to cardiff ok! the weather ain't to great here either.

from ship_rat

16. To the best of my knowledge, the pre-joining fitness test is a lower standard than that which is required when you're actually in.

To be honest though, if you're an under 25 year old male and you can't run a mile and half in 11mins 30 secs, well then you need to start laying off the pies and ciggies.

17. hi
    i'm female and 25 yrs old, so for me i'm doing quite well.
    from ship_rat