PJFT

ws1602

Badgeman
Hello all,

Can anyone confirm what the new timings are for the PJFT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ws1602

Badgeman
Im 17, i completed it in 9:48 but i need to do it in 12mins 16 seconds, which they also give you a warm up.
I’m 22 so we’ll be in the same age bracket. Did they tell you had 12 mins to do it in?

You should have been emailed a form with all times on it or it is messaged on your portal, they will tell you but they wont tell you how fast to do it in. To do it in 12 mins i recommend to go on 11km/h and you can change the speed you run at.

ws1602

Badgeman
You should have been emailed a form with all times on it or it is messaged on your portal, they will tell you but they wont tell you how fast to do it in. To do it in 12 mins i recommend to go on 11km/h and you can change the speed you run at.
Yeah the portal ain’t working so they’ve sent me a letter

tisAndy

Midshipman
All information is on the Royal Navy website, along with the updates timings.

Minimum 12:16 I believe for your age group.

I’m in the 25-29 age group, so had to do it within 12:42. Managed it in 10:32, which is OK.

The adrenaline gets you through the PJFT, I was nervous... concentrate on keeping your BP down before hand

ws1602

Badgeman
This is what the website is showing but that is different to what everyone else is doing it in so not sure what time to be aiming for to get a pass.

Times.JPGthe website

tisAndy

Midshipman
Mine said 11:33 on there, but the guy that over looked the PJFT confirmed it was 12:42, the same as the PRNC. Got my PRNC next week.

Its easier running on the day. You might think I’m talking sh*t but I guarantee the adrenaline will get you through.

He’ll tell you what pace you need to run at to pass. For 12:42 he said something like 11.7 kph. I set it at 13 and ran comfortably.

They’re really good too. The treadmill takes 20-30 seconds to get up to speed. The distance counts toward your total, but the time doesn’t. He’ll tell you he’ll take the time off your final 2.4km time.

He’ll update you throughout too.

When is yours?

ws1602

Badgeman
@tisAndy

I have my letter at home. Unfortunately, the portal which I have been using has decided to stop working so left in suspense.

I can run it outside in about 10:40 with a 10 second stop but really struggle on the tredmill. I think I have to do it within a week. Gonna have to run twice a day before hand.

tisAndy

Midshipman
Yeah mine hasn’t worked either, but I have all the letters and paperwork kept.

Treadmill running is way easier in my opinion - depends what you’re used to.

Get it booked and get it over with - soonest the better. You still have a long wait for Security Check I’m assuming?

I done my PJFT back in June - got my PRNC next week and start Raleigh in January.

What branch you joining?

Mine said 11:33 on there, but the guy that over looked the PJFT confirmed it was 12:42, the same as the PRNC. Got my PRNC next week.

Its easier running on the day. You might think I’m talking sh*t but I guarantee the adrenaline will get you through.

He’ll tell you what pace you need to run at to pass. For 12:42 he said something like 11.7 kph. I set it at 13 and ran comfortably.

They’re really good too. The treadmill takes 20-30 seconds to get up to speed. The distance counts toward your total, but the time doesn’t. He’ll tell you he’ll take the time off your final 2.4km time.

He’ll update you throughout too.

When is yours?
BTW my intructor said he cannot tell you the pace to run at to pass so they might not tell you