PJFT

Have my PJFT for the Navy on Monday. I have not practised on a treadmill but my outside time for my mile and half is around 11:15. Is it easier to run on a treadmill or outside?

Wayyyyyyyy easier on a treadmill. However pop into a gym quickly and get on a treadmill if you haven't been on one before. You need to get use to it.

Whats the slowest you can go to on the treadmill in your test?
You mean average speed? Well If you do distance divided by time. So 1.5miles divided by 11 mins and 9 seconds you get around 12.9 km/h. I recommend you do around 13.4 km/h then speed up as fast as you can at the last 200-100 meters.

It is easier on the treadmill, but only if you know how to run on a treadmill! ( get some practice, as previously suggested) my time reduced by over a minute after a few goes on the treadmill and even then I got a slower time than expected on my PJFT because I wasn't use the that particular treadmill (my excuse anyway) ;)
Good luck

Went on a treadmill before and did it in 11:10 which i think is ok seeing as it was my first time on a treadmill and also just did another run outside before doing it on the treadmill. Hoping to do it on the day around 10:30

Went on a treadmill before and did it in 11:10 which i think is ok seeing as it was my first time on a treadmill and also just did another run outside before doing it on the treadmill. Hoping to do it on the day around 10:30
There is no doubt you will get your time. With all the adrenaline going through your body as well you should do even better!

I've never heard a logical explanation of why it is allegedly easier on a treadmill...
When you run normally you have to push yourself both up and forwards. On a treadmill, you only really have to push yourself up, because the belt keeps moving without you.

Obviously you couldn't just hop... But it's definitely easier than running outside.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Joining the Royal Navy 17
Banshee-RMforum Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
B Joining the Royal Navy 6