Pjft

Just spoke to my afco and she said that the run times had changed or were going to change soon but she didn't really know anything else about is. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You sure that’s not the 10% for the AstroTurf corners?
Yes 100% sure your initial PJFT , completed at a Nuffield health has the increased times. I'll attach a photo of letter i received when I had to re-do mine. The person who tested me at Nuffield also had the times on his paperwork. The minimum time is now 12:16 . Not the time that I stated previously.

I am however unsure as to where the new time will apply e.g. AIB , BRNC , Raleigh. You may still be tested under the "old" times there. You are correct about getting extra time at AIB for the Astro. But that extra time you get at AIB does not apply at Dartmouth BRNC.

Is there a female time on there? 24-29? Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi , there is no female time on my copy sorry. I assume it was just printed for my current circumstances since all other boxes are blank.

As a total rough guess id say add 1:07 to your age catagory. But you will have to speak to your AFCO.

photface

Lantern Swinger
Is there a female time on there? 24-29? Thanks :)

Hi , there is no female time on my copy sorry. I assume it was just printed for my current circumstances since all other boxes are blank.

As a total rough guess id say add 1:07 to your age catagory. But you will have to speak to your AFCO.
HA! if that’s the case I may as well order a g and t and have a leisurely treadmill walk! It would be 14:44!!! That’s nearly 10 minute miles which is really not taxing at all especially on a treadmill.

Don't get overly excited about the increased time because the fitness requirements in Basic Training are still the same. The additional leeway will let candidates move forward in the recruitment process but the onus is very much on them to continue to train to be able to cope with the physical regime once they enter service. If in doubt speak to your AFCO who will advise you.

Wondered about this, as the 'New PJFT' matched the PRNC run time (I have to redo PJFT due to time between last PJFT and PRNC). Not a typo then?

Also to anybody worried, on the day it will be a lot easier than you think. The nerves and adrenaline kick in and you'll breeze through.

photface

Lantern Swinger
Don't get overly excited about the increased time because the fitness requirements in Basic Training are still the same. The additional leeway will let candidates move forward in the recruitment process but the onus is very much on them to continue to train to be able to cope with the physical regime once they enter service. If in doubt speak to your AFCO who will advise you.
People should really be running it a lot faster than that as it is. RNFT timings haven’t changed as you said!

Maybe they need more people through the door?

12:16 is pathetically slow for a military force though.
If someone isn't motivated or capable of passing the old standard then surely they would struggle with Ralleigh fitness regimes. I suppose its probably a very cost effective way of getting more recruits past initial application.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Joining the Royal Navy 17
Banshee-RMforum Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Super_Navist Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29