PJFT Trouble

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by dan_341, Mar 22, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got my PJFT tomorrow and I'm fairly confident of a pass, but this morning I've woken up really short of breath and a wheezy cough. I just tried running and can barely get a 1K down before i feel like passing out!
    What should I do?
  2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Would you like to hear Dr. witsends diagnosis?
  3. I would say notify the AFCO and rearrange but as its tomorrow and they are not open today or Sunday not sure. Is there no way you can crack out a cheeky mile and a half? Even if the times shocking, pass is a pass. Probably bad advice mind as if you fail it will delay your app. Hopefully ninja will be along soon to advise, and hope you feel better soon!
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

First consult is free.

It's a panic attack. Place a Tesco bag over your head and breathe deeply for about an hour. You'll soon calm down.
  5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Man up and get on with it, if something goes wrong onboard ship you won't be able to defer things.
  6. Just do it . If you fail you have to do it again no real big deal is it?
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you are genuinely unwell, call the gym & postpone it. Email your AFCO to explain.

If you undertake the run, fail to complete, it's an 8 week delay before re-take.

Bear in mind people who are inadequately prepared also claim illness or injury as the 28 day deadline to take the PJFT gets close. Generally we find those who are fit, book it and take it within a week.

Good luck & get well soon.