PJFT tomorrow!

Balwearie101

Badgeman
Hi guys

Got my RN PJFT tomorrow in Edinburgh and I’m super nervous. It sounds stupid but I’m unsure of how I’m going to perform as I’m not really that self confident.
I’ve stupidly been training at a 2% incline(I was previously a RM recruit so I assumed it was the same as my RM PJFT) and am just wondering if it makes much of a difference as I know the RN do it at a 0% incline.
Any tips on running form etc would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subaru9

Midshipman
If you can do it at a 2% incline you can do it at a 0% even easier... It's just putting one foot in front of the other so don't make it more difficult for yourself than it really is.

Balwearie101

Badgeman
If you can do it at a 2% incline you can do it at a 0% even easier... It's just putting one foot in front of the other so don't make it more difficult for yourself than it really is.
Yeah I agree with you. I think it’s just a bit daunting as with my RM PJFT I barely made my return time, but when I went to PRMC I hit 8.55 on roads return. Just got to dig out and think about how much I want it I guess. Thanks for the reply anyway!

Mr_Gillette

Midshipman
If you can do 8:55 return then I'm sure you'll demolish the one way. Have fun and don't worry, sounds like you're more than capable.

Mr_Gillette

Midshipman
Set the treadmill to 14.4 and you'll do it in 10:00.

Remember, treadmills are easier than road and there is the added adrenalin from being watched so you'll be capable of going way faster than 14.4, you'll surprise yourself. Don't be afraid to throw in a full on sprint for the last 400m either, "Pain is weakness leaving the body" ;)

Stay calm and don't worry about it and very importantly don't have any coffee/energy drinks/energy bars beforehand. You need to do a blood pressure test before they let you run and these can affect that regardless of how healthy you are. Would be gutting to fail on blood pressure when you know you can smash the run to bits.

Balwearie101

Badgeman
Set the treadmill to 14.4 and you'll do it in 10:00.

Remember, treadmills are easier than road and there is the added adrenalin from being watched so you'll be capable of going way faster than 14.4, you'll surprise yourself. Don't be afraid to throw in a full on sprint for the last 400m either, "Pain is weakness leaving the body" ;)

Stay calm and don't worry about it and very importantly don't have any coffee/energy drinks/energy bars beforehand. You need to do a blood pressure test before they let you run and these can affect that regardless of how healthy you are. Would be gutting to fail on blood pressure when you know you can smash the run to bits.
That’s the PJFT out of the way, now onto the PRNC! 9:45 thanks to the encouragement from the assessor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Next step after pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
K PJFT I did mine before my interview. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
P What’s after PJFT? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
P How long before should you prepare for the PJFT? Joining the Royal Navy 20
A Pjft time Health & Fitness 9
Y Wait from pjft to interview Joining the Royal Navy 5
A Waiting for something to happen after PJFT! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
N Actual PJFT pass times? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
A PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Max9393 Couldn't do PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
Max9393 Psychometric test, interview, medical and PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Maxpowers How long after PJFT can I expect an entry date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 45
ws1602 PJFT Health & Fitness 17
B Failed first PJFT Joining the Royal Navy 18
Banshee-RMforum Pjft times Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Super_Navist PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
B Lost pjft results The Quarterdeck 2
F Pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
J Pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
C PJFT Info Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
M Trying to book the PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
JackFH PJFT PACE !!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
S PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
tbfyb PJFT and PRNC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Cameroon..James99 Pjft advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
C just passed medical and im wondering whats next? any insights and Im wondering where I do my pjft? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
WannabeAdmiral When does the PJFT take place? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
L PJFT. Joining the Royal Navy 8
PotentialCT PJFT Diary Joining the Royal Navy 3
S PJFT freak out Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
A Medical and Pjft Timescale Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
A Post-PJFT timings. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
T5igger Pjft help! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
shinson PJFT Pass and HMS Raleigh in 9 (ish) weeks!! Joining the Royal Navy 8
1 Treadmill speed for PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
M PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
B PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
M How long is a PJFT valid for, prior to AIB? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S How long between PJFT and PRNC on average? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
L PJFT Confusion Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
Suit_Up PJFT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
M PJFT Run Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
P PJFT Tips Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
H passed my pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
R Anyone in Milton Keynes training for their PJFT? Read This. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
u04elw2 Just PJFT and Security Clearance to go... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
H pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
matt93 PJFT Locations Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
C Medical and PJFT questions. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
C Pjft Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1