PJFT tomorrow!

Hi guys

Got my RN PJFT tomorrow in Edinburgh and I’m super nervous. It sounds stupid but I’m unsure of how I’m going to perform as I’m not really that self confident.
I’ve stupidly been training at a 2% incline(I was previously a RM recruit so I assumed it was the same as my RM PJFT) and am just wondering if it makes much of a difference as I know the RN do it at a 0% incline.
Any tips on running form etc would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can do it at a 2% incline you can do it at a 0% even easier... It's just putting one foot in front of the other so don't make it more difficult for yourself than it really is.

If you can do it at a 2% incline you can do it at a 0% even easier... It's just putting one foot in front of the other so don't make it more difficult for yourself than it really is.
Yeah I agree with you. I think it’s just a bit daunting as with my RM PJFT I barely made my return time, but when I went to PRMC I hit 8.55 on roads return. Just got to dig out and think about how much I want it I guess. Thanks for the reply anyway!

Set the treadmill to 14.4 and you'll do it in 10:00.

Remember, treadmills are easier than road and there is the added adrenalin from being watched so you'll be capable of going way faster than 14.4, you'll surprise yourself. Don't be afraid to throw in a full on sprint for the last 400m either, "Pain is weakness leaving the body" ;)

Stay calm and don't worry about it and very importantly don't have any coffee/energy drinks/energy bars beforehand. You need to do a blood pressure test before they let you run and these can affect that regardless of how healthy you are. Would be gutting to fail on blood pressure when you know you can smash the run to bits.

Set the treadmill to 14.4 and you'll do it in 10:00.

Remember, treadmills are easier than road and there is the added adrenalin from being watched so you'll be capable of going way faster than 14.4, you'll surprise yourself. Don't be afraid to throw in a full on sprint for the last 400m either, "Pain is weakness leaving the body" ;)

Stay calm and don't worry about it and very importantly don't have any coffee/energy drinks/energy bars beforehand. You need to do a blood pressure test before they let you run and these can affect that regardless of how healthy you are. Would be gutting to fail on blood pressure when you know you can smash the run to bits.
That’s the PJFT out of the way, now onto the PRNC! 9:45 thanks to the encouragement from the assessor.