PJFT Tips

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Pompeyboy97, Mar 25, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my PJFT this week just looking for some help as to what speed to run on the treadmill and any other helpful tips

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

2. Put it on fast, finish in a time required. Pat yourself on your back for passing. Go get drunk

• Like Like x 1
  3. 15 kmh will get it done on 9:36

4. Zeb

Zeb Badgeman

The gym where my son went to set it up for him so that he passed. He was told as long as he stayed on it that was fine

5. But the navy are looking for people who push themselves to get a better time than the one they set, so just try to get itnas fast as you can (within your comfort zone)

6. Zeb

Zeb Badgeman

I know. He altered the speed this last time so he ran faster. We were just both originally wondering what speed to run at so u did pass it

7. Ah fair enough

8. Got a Time of 9min 45sec

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. DTM

DTM Midshipman

What speed did you run

10. Quick enough To pass it

11. Best thing to do is work out how fast you normally run 2.4k in and do speed off that

12. DTM

DTM Midshipman

I always do it in under my required time but have to adjust speed as I go through it, works for me :) would like to get to stage where I'm just running flat out, that's my goal anyway.. Either way i will pass it..

13. 15kmh is what i did and got 9:36

• Like Like x 1
  14. Can't remember the speed but I got 8:57, may have been 17kmh or so

• Like Like x 1
  15. LDR

LDR Midshipman

9mph will result in ten minutes thirty if you run 1.5kmh. The limit would be 8.7mph I believe - but certainly aim higher than that. Although I haven't been yet, I doubt you would be able to finish your training if you wasn't fit enough to run it at around ten minutes.

16. it depends on how old you are. my max time is 11:38 and i ran on treadmill around same time as i run it out side at the time 10:44. always make sure you can run the time out side as well as inside cause PRNC is the only time you will ever run on a treadmill all the rest are outside expect bleep test which is done in Gym (Sports all). Only time i ever run on treadmill was 2 weeks before PRNC other then that its all outside.

17. In PJFT 1.5 mile run in treatmil is it with 2% incline? What do you actully do in PJFT?

18. You run 1.5 miles on a treadmill. No incline.

19. Thank you for info ! I would like to know if push up and sit up test are also done in PJFT aswell?

20. No they're not. You will do those at your PRNC but it's not pass/fail until you do them at Raleigh.

• Like Like x 1