PJFT question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Taffd, Nov 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Folks,

Is there any requirement for an incline setting on the running machines for the PJFT.

2. The incline is the default one. 1 degree I believe. Its flat.

3. Which PJFT, RM or RN?

4. Thanks Folks.

Z, meant the RN. I'm aware that the RM PJFT needs a 2 degree.

Stix, good effort. Unfortunately, not even remotely funny.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's interesting to note that a person intricately familiar with the circumstances surrounding the RM PJFT would need to ask about the RN PJFT given than the incline is only mentioned in RM PJFTs & the RM is part of the RN. RAF PJFTs, for those arsed, involve all sorts of other elements, but we don't bother telling people about them either.

The rough rule of thumb with regard recruiting parameters is that if it is relevant, you will be advised accordingly, if it isn't - it ain't.

There's little point berating individuals for pointing our errors in illogical questions, however if it makes the original poster inwardly happy, then they need help.

6. Ninja,

Having seen the PJFT forms for both RM and RN applicants, it would appear that they're the same and no mention is made of the 2 degree incline on either.

I've heard reports of gyms not knowing that an incline was required for RM tests.

I asked the question on behalf of an RN applicant, who'd forgotten to ask at his AFCO, as I am already a member here. As his brother has done the RM test, he was 'logically' concerned that he knew the correct procedure.

There was no berating Z, I merely answered his question.

As for my reply to Stix, I merely pointed out that his reply wasn't funny.

Sorry that you thought my question unworthy.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The letter for Royal Marine & the letter for Royal Navy is quite different. The PJFT Results Form is the same, so the whether the question is worthy or otherwise is open to conjecture.

The advice is the same however: Read the bleedin' letter which accompanies the Results Form. :wink: