PJFT question

Rodge-Nufc

Midshipman
hi bh89!
I had to book my own fitness test so there's no pressure to do it before your fit!
The fitness instructor sort out the speeds for you! just tell them a time you want to do it in! I did mine in 11:27(which is just a jog)!
just get in the mindset that it's 12 mins and you've passed!
good luck

hammers

Lantern Swinger
I would direct you to the interview link in the Newbies section but it doesn't seem to be working. The main things are how long HMS Raleigh lasts, then where your phase 2 training is and how long that lasts. What you will be doing in your chosen branch etc. But you should know all that as you chose it right?!

hammers

Lantern Swinger
About right. HMS Raleigh for 9 weeks then 16 weeks for me phase 2. May be different for a WAFU so you'd better brush up on your particular trade.

soleil

War Hero
bh89

Confirm 9 weeks HMS Raleigh, 6 months RNAS Culdrose.

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/careers-roles/air-operations-support/naval-airman-(aircraft-handler)/*/changeNav/00h00h002003002/tab/1/

hammers said:
About right. HMS Raleigh for 9 weeks then 16 weeks for me phase 2. May be different for a WAFU so you'd better brush up on your particular trade.

Hey hammer. When you going on a RNAC? i should be booked up for up soon. :)

hammers

Lantern Swinger
Aint got a start date for HMS Raleigh yet chico, waiting on security clearance. Not sure if I will do RNAC, would rather dive head first into Raleigh

stimps

Lantern Swinger
bh89 said:
Just another quick question - Do they tell you what speed level you need to have it on in order to make the maximum time?

When i did mine, i had it on 14km/h the whole time and it came at 10:21

Richard88

Midshipman
Just get training, 2 weeks ago i was running 1.5 mile in 13.36 minutes, now i'm doing it in 11.07, ran 5 times a week, one day doing 3 miles the next doing 1.5 miles.

Also may be worth mixing it up between treadmill and outdoors.

Rich

hammers

Lantern Swinger
Richard88 said:
Just get training, 2 weeks ago i was running 1.5 mile in 13.36 minutes, now i'm doing it in 11.07, ran 5 times a week, one day doing 3 miles the next doing 1.5 miles.

Also may be worth mixing it up between treadmill and outdoors.

Rich

I agree, treadmills are too easy and you should get into running on road etc as you will be once at HMS Raleigh

Latest Threads